S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how to word my problem for sure using the search. The best way to describe it is... If I turn my key on and immediately try to start. My blazer starts right up on the first crank. Now... If I turn the key too "on" and wait until my fuel pump gets done priming. My blazer takes alot more cranks to start (sometimes two attempts). Also it seems to crank slow sometimes.
Now... I had the codes checked and it came up with o2 sensor drivers side not reading, and not responding fast enough. So I replaced it. There was not any other codes in the memory other than that.
My gas mileage I think is kinda sporatic... I get 24mpg on my readout on flat highway. But same conditions same straightaway I'll be at 16mpg (kick it down and let off... It'll cruise back at 24mpg). And in town I get better gas milage if I drive like a maniac, than if I'm driving easy. My truck runs really good during all of this. Only things I notice are 1) it idles rough at like 400rpm in drive sometimes. 2)it has a very slight surge around 2600rpm to 3000rpm taking off (again not all the time). I cleaned the EGR, IAC,PVC, and MAF.
I'm wandering if it's a fuel issue. But I don't know where to start since I'm not getting any codes. I'm going to do a fuel pressure check monday to eliminate that. Other than that... TPS? Fuel pressure regulator? Spider injector and poppets? What's your guy's thoughts? I've searched alot and still haven't found any real answers....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I had the truck scanned and the codes cleared. When they scanned it this time it finally showed the back o2 sensor(I removed the cat). But now it also had a code from running lean. From what I read the rear o2 sensor doesn't change the fueling, right? Anyways... The rest of the truck has had a full tune up. So I'm narrowing it down to the spider, fuel pressure regulator, or the fuel pump. My blazer is a '98 so I can get the upgraded spider at least. Still no educated guesses on what would be causing the starting issue?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, I probably ought to move it to the 4.3 section. But it's not a leak. I park in a dry heated garage and never smell gas. Plus, my gas mileage isn't that bad when I compare it to others on the site. I get at best on really long highway trips 19.2mpg, Normal driving to work(highway 60mile round-trip) 17.4mpg, And in town with an easy foot 15'sh.
I'm going to get the truck scanned again this week and see what codes are present again. If it reads the drivers side o2 sensor I'm going to have to start searching wires. Someone recently put a trans in before I bought it. It's possible they pinched a wire off in that part of the harness.... Once I chase some more tails down I'll re-post in the 4.3 section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts