S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I want my truck a little lower. However I think that 5/6 is a little too far to practically drive it. so I am currently at ZQ8 springs f/r with 2"spindles/3" blocks.

I'm thinking maybe add 3" leafs and 2" coils??? Where would this put me relative to my current height???

Thanks in advance

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well--->

I was thinking that I would switch back to me 2" blocks for a total drop of like 4/5 instead of the 3.5/4.5 I'm at now

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ConnecticutX said:
I wouldnt drive mine w/ a 5/6 drop, sounds like you should bag it.
Yes Bags would be nice but that would be counter productive to my Auto-X hobby that I have gotten invoved in. I was actually thinking about a 4link rear end with coilover shocks where the bags would be. That would give me a semi-independent rear suspension setup and a bigger sway bar would keep thing flat through the turns? and hte forn I think I am gonna switch the ZQ8 springs for 2" drop springs and see what that does.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
id have to advise against that. zq8 springs are 2 inch drop. and id say thayre pretty well matched to ur truck. id bet aftermarket springs wont handle as well...theyll be stiffer...but i bet u lose control. also, remember, body roll is necessary too. no roll=no grip.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
no actually the factory Zq8 spings are about 1.5" shorter.

Hochkis 2" springs would be great, but they're way to expensive.

The Beltech 3" drop springs I had were great also, the front felt nice and planted.

·
Registered
271 Posts
2kwik

i got a 4/6 drop and i am totally level, i had 2" spindles for a while but i wanted to go lower but not to 5" because the tires would rub. so i got some belltech 2" coils and they are great, i tuck the front and back tires. you wouldnt think that a .5" drop does much but it DOES. i think that they make a huge difference, plus we gotta look good to make up for what our motors dont have

K

·
0 Posts
also depends on if you have a 2.2 or a 4.3 b/c it tells you in the directions that height may vary due to size of engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts