S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Get Bent
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, further down the line for my truck in the modification area is an increase in stroke. Has anyone went to this length with thier 4.3 and what did you stroke the 262 ci up to?

·
WNYTrucks Creator
184 Posts
Deepskyy said:
Ok guys, further down the line for my truck in the modification area is an increase in stroke. Has anyone went to this length with thier 4.3 and what did you stroke the 262 ci up to?

i know if you bore it .40 over with a custom 3.75 crank would put you up around 280-300 Cui

but i found this out, interesting

Note : The Original design on the 4.3 Crankshaft's are to weak to stroke. The only option available is the Billet Steel Crank at this time . We are aware of companies that are stroking the stock 4.3 cranks , but with any serious power these cranks will break .

interesting

·
Get Bent
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, and to those "put a v8 in it" people... save it for the v-8 threads, If I wanted to motor swap thats where I would post, I want to stick with my mill, and make NA hp from a v6 because its different, and less expensive and hassle, plus I can keep the truck to daily driver standards with some more mild upgrades.
Thanks for the info on the crank however!

·
"factory freak"...
8,601 Posts
put a V8 in it.......:D

sorry if the truth hurts, but if you really want more displacement, a V8 gives you more for less..... plus it sounds better, and runs smoother.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Deepskyy said:
thanks guys, and to those "put a v8 in it" people... save it for the v-8 threads, If I wanted to motor swap thats where I would post, I want to stick with my mill, and make NA hp from a v6 because its different, and less expensive and hassle, plus I can keep the truck to daily driver standards with some more mild upgrades.
Thanks for the info on the crank however!
If you think rebuilding and stroking a 4.3 is less expensive than doing say an Lt1 swap you have to lay off the crack because it will cost you twice as much for the 4.3. I am almost positive that when you stroke the 4.3 you will need that billet steel crank and just that is about $1000. That is almost the same amount you could buy a 350 for that is pushing 300+ hp.

·