1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
dragginass10
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
meh, chrome the canti part, powdercoat the rest, it's not gonna stick up past the top of the bed is it?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Whoa that looks cool. I like the notch and all the custom tubing.

·
AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
2,031 Posts
that looks very badass.... only thing that kinda sticks out to me is the big bent section of tube that looks like its coming from the top of the bag on the right there.... it may just be the lighting... but it almost looks like its kinda bent up a little, like aside from the long sweeping bend. i dunno if its just a shadow on it or what but i just thought i would point it out in case there is an issue there... but regardless awesome work man! i like it

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
I was going to ask him what kind of bender he used. The problem with the pipe bender is that pipe is measured by the id and tube is od so the dies are diffrent causing a kink. The bow and arrow benders will still kink pipe but will do more so with tubing. Other than that looks nice. You could possibly skim it with some filler to smooth out the bumps because they will show up 10 times worse with paint or chrome.

I don't see any upper bars were did you hide them?:eek:

Nice work

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
it looks like a 2link to me

·
dragginass10
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
See what the problem is is that there be only 2 lower bars on a 2 link and bending tube with a cigeratte lighter and a 15lbs. sledge hammer is bound to leave a couple three dents in the tube we got them looking pretty darn close though. But that nothing that a little cardboard, fiberglass, JB weld, and bondo cant fix. Think I got all the bases covered????

·
dragginass10
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the lighter was to heat the metal... i dont see the need in a four link...

·
dragginass10
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welds? I used a soldering iron and some plumbers paste. Not bad for some shadetree fabrications in a friends garage.

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
looks badass...im def digging in. still cant wait to see it in person

·
Banned
1,458 Posts
Whats the matter can't take any constructive criticism. I was just trying to explain to you why the tubing may have kinked like it did and gave you a solution to cover the kinks in it. I was also wondering what the reasoning was to build all of that and not add 2 more bars for a four link. I was complementing your welds.

And also did you see the nice work at the end of the post? Why do you have to be a smart azz about it?

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
HAHAHAHA....its cool everybody. cowboy the F up. only person thats not crying is doug himself...

·
dragginass10
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Chill out dude!
Do you have to take everthing so serious? I was just joking Thanks for all you complements.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts