S-10 Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
new member. i want to lift my 94 extended cab LS w/ 4.3 2 wheel drive. what coil will give me a 2inch lift in the front. i have 2 inch shackles for the rear on their way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So im not picking up what everyone is talking about. Im new to lifts. I have a 98 base model 2.2l. What springs should I get for it to lift the front about 2.5 inches? Will adding lift spindles add to the hieght?

·
Just Not Right
501 Posts
havoc 315:

You are in the moog spring rate topic.

None of the moog springs are "lift springs".

Some can be used as a lift spring though.

The part numbers 5662 and 5664 are the ones that will fit an s-10 (v-8 Camaro spring).

They lift the front in the 1 inch to 1-1/2 inch range, work, fit and perform well.

You are very limited with the stock a-arm on an s-10.

The most you can expect to reasonably spring lift stock a-arms is 2 inches.

You can squeeze more out of stock arms but it is not recommended, especially if offroaded.

Ok now to answer your questions.
1) Springs- aftermarket. CST, AIM, Fabtech to name a few. Will need at a minimum upper a-arms plus welding and cutting on the upper arm mount.

2) Spindles- Yes lift spindles do exactly that.....Lift. I would start here instead of with springs.

Start you a build/question thread instead of replying here in the sticky.
Everyone will jump in and help you out.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've got a question since I'm no spring expert. I'm running 5664s right now, good for the extra 1.5 inches but to stiff. Are there any taller springs with the same spring rate as a 5660 that would still give me 1.5? Basically a taller softer spring than the 5664

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

61 - 70 of 70 Posts