S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
had a few ask me if I had any info on moog springs, most 2wd S10's have either 5658's or 5660's

as you can see from the chart the increased spring rate of the 5662';s and 5664's, this should clear up any confusion whether Moog 5664's are a stock S10 spring (from this chart you see they are not)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
TRW/Moog

The following coil springs have the same spring rates as the TRW/Moog brand but are often cheaper.
AutoZone
Duralast brand
FCS5658S
FCS5660S
FCS5662S
FCS5664S

McQuay-Norris
FCS5658S
FCS5660S
FCS5662S
FCS5664S

Husky spring
RC5658
RC5660
RC5662
RC5664

(I have not listed ACDelco brand because I have not been able to confirm the spring rates)

·
Zr2.2
2,190 Posts
nismo thats correct 5664 is the same coil between "brands"

Thanks for stickying that 89 s dime... Or whoever did

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
5664 with part number are the same

Billduster, so you know, only Staff of the forum are able sticky threads

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
5664 with part number are the same

Billduster, so you know, only Staff of the forum are able sticky threads
I wondering who did that, I figued it was you or Brian who made it a sticky :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
well i have the fabtech uca's and the fabtech springs seem like there designed for a semi truck....
So i just got home from checker i ordered the moog 5664's im realy hoping my truck will at least sit level, if not then higher in the front. and i hope they work well with my control arms.
In the process on the new new spring install im going to flip the bjs on my fabtech uca's.

I hope this sounds good to you guys???
If not, correct me please.........

·
Registered
61 Posts
o well, to late...
the bjs are fliped and old sprigs are out.
just finished that...
the moog 5664's get dilivered tomorrow...
i hope what i read on here was right and everything works out...
well the jobs done and it seems to ride pretty smooth, also the truck sits level, maybe a little higher in the front.

all i need now is shocks...

·
it's an ugly beginning...
28 Posts
I have the Fabtech Short Arms too but I'm torn on whether to install them or not... I also have the fabtech coils but I'm not sure which spring rate they are... this is what I do know, they came off of a 4 cylinder so they can't be the 7268-4 because those are 3.5" springs for the V6... I currently have Mcquay Norris FCS5664S springs on my truck with the stock A arms, if the Fabtech springs are indeed the 7268 (lowest spring rate of the group) will they lift my front end more than the 5664's that I just installed? I believe the 7268's are a lower spring rate? so are they longer in length? and with the Fabtech SA kit will I be able to mount my stock aluminum 1994 S10 rims? or would I need a 1" spacer...? thanks guys!

·
it's an ugly beginning...
28 Posts
oh yeah, also, I have the 4.3TBI V6... so my truck is a little heavier in the front than the 4 cyli these springs came off of... but the droop stops on the Short Arms are worn to the metal which leads me to believe these springs are the 7268-3 (3.5" for 4 cyli) so they should give me 2.5"-3" right? or wrong?

·
Pimpin Aint Easy
163 Posts
Are the moog springs and the autozone ones just like a lift spring? Because I have heard lift springs are a terrible ride and put alot of pressure on the balljoints and all..

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Are the moog springs and the autozone ones just like a lift spring? Because I have heard lift springs are a terrible ride and put alot of pressure on the balljoints and all..
:twak:

·
Registered
132 Posts
ok guess it's ok to ask Moog spring Questions here.
I was thinking about puttin some in my 95 blazer but It has the Z85 suspension. which from what Ive read sits up higher.
was woundering if Moogs would lift it or not?

·
Pimpin Aint Easy
163 Posts
Anyone happen to know if the autozone brand/others are the same quality as Moog?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts