S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i do a mono leaf will my axel twist easier becuase the springs r so flexible or not? Im just worried that when i accelerate the axel will twist and my ponion angle will get real bad?

·
Registered
568 Posts
monoleafs do ride softer, but yes they do wrap up pretty easy and really screw with the pinion angle. Go with the leafpacks.

·
Bagged
2,207 Posts
Mine doesnt flex to bad I have a 4.3 auto. I kept the over load and my pinion angle isnt too bad with a 1" shim on the carrier bearing x-member.

·
run and tell that
7,998 Posts
Low99Sonoma said:
I would say a big fat NO to the monoleaf with the V8

lol, he already said hes not doing it to a v-8......

I rolled mono-leaf on my 98 Isuzu about 3 years ago, and it worked fine. The guy that has it now is still riding it with the same setup and it works fine. It was a 4 banger.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
off topic: do i need to shim the carrier bearing up when i get the back of my 92 x cab bagged completely? i plan on cruising pretty low most of the time

·
Registered
568 Posts
s83s10v8-350 said:
so can i just mono leaf it, then put an over the axel setup on it?
if you talking about pulling you leaf pack apart to get a mono leaf absoluty not.

as far as specialty mon leafs...I personal wouldn't use a monleaf because I've had and seen too many problems with them,,,,even if you have a 4 banger.

save the money and do it right the first time so you don't have spend more money to do it right later and fix what you broke by doing it cheap.

·
VVVthat thing is deadVVV
4,185 Posts
any "specialty" mono leaf is going to be the same as a stock one. only difference would be the spring rate i assume. i know people who have been running mono'd for years and no problems. just leave the overload spring in and you are good. so run the longest spring and the shortest spring in your stock pack.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts