S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
bottom'd out in 561
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there are only 2 leafs and an overload in my spring pack....this is stock.... is it ok to pull the middle one for a free drop?????? that would make it mono leaf, bad idea or ok????

·
"i got that slap"
3,526 Posts
fine imo, i had mine like that for a while with no problems just put the overload back like you said

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
In My Opinion

·
what to put here....
337 Posts
will it be fine if i have 4'' blocks already? and will I have to cut into the bed or snything?

·
pimpin an 87
72 Posts
no not unless u have big ass tires,but even then u still won't bcuz i had 205/55/16 tires on my monoleafin nissan and they never rubbed...

·
what to put here....
337 Posts
Drop_N_Destroy said:
no not unless u have big ass tires,but even then u still won't bcuz i had 205/55/16 tires on my monoleafin nissan and they never rubbed...
thanks

·
Registered
105 Posts
good to know, i was thinking about doing the same exact thing, but how much drop will it give you?, i did a 3/4 drop and it still rides high in the back

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drop_N_Destroy said:
also in order to mono leaf u have to ride with just 1 leaf spring...
i wouldnt suggest rollin' with one spring with 4'' blocks !st its gonna be on the bumpstops or frame! 2nd you need the bottom(helper spring) so the main leaf dont break beside the blocks.....especially in gm vehicles, they have brittls springs...trust me i've found out the hard way....twice!

·
what to put here....
337 Posts
but i can still get away with one spring and the overload right? btw, will that sucidedoors.com bolt in c notch help prevent the rubbin on the frame?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts