S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am goin to bag the rear of my 85 dime with jasons bridge kit. Which leaf setup will give me more drop and allow me to lay out? Removing leafs from original spring pack to monoleaf it, or buying 4 inch drop leaf springs??? Another question I had was about FBI's front airbag brackets in their basic fast bag kit. I was possibly lookin at buyin this kit since it includes everything you need to bag your truck. Will those front brackets just bolt right in like Jasons??? Or are they floaters??? I just want to know if they will bolt/slide right in place without any mods. Thanks for your help guys I really appreciate it!!!!

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
yea, i have sorta the same question, i have belltech 3" drop leafs out back and 2" angeled blocks(i will be going with a bigger block), should i break down the drop leaf pack with just the longest leaf + an overload or should i just go with the same setup with my stock leaves? i was thinking that the drop leaves would be stronger, an would better suit my setup for the time being.

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
well Deuce to answer you question about the FBI front bag cups they are floaters, but could easily be made into either a bolt-in or weld on cup. I would recommend not leaving them just floating because I did it with mine and now everytime I air the truck up you hear 2 loud pops...not cool if you are trying to impress everyone. Oh and I would also advise you to not order from FBI unless you have 3 weeks to wait on your stuff like I did. Other than that the stuff has been pretty good though.
Chris

·
Body Draggin Member
585 Posts
well I don't know about the top cup because I think that one will wedge itself in when the truck is up in the air and on the ground. The bottom cup you can just run a bead around 2 sides, if you can call it that, of the cup and weld it to the LCA. You wouldn't have much luck getting the bottom cup out of there, but you can just unbolt the bag from under the LCA anyway if you needed to. I would go with that route...
Chris

·
DownSouthGeorgiaBoy
280 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Take a stock leaf pack from a 94-97, have the longest leaf dearched, break the pack down to the longest one, and the overload leaf, and run a 4" angled block. That will be your best bet to get the lowest possible.
Does this apply to the new 2dr jimmys/blazers cause i pulled the 2nd leaf from the top, leaving 3, and im about to bag it with the art air over leaf and was wanting it as low as possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.