S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys...i have a mono leaf and 4" blocks in the rear on my 99 extended cab S-10....but the rear still doesnt lay out. I heard that on 98+ S-10's u have to get the leaf dearched cuz they made it real strong and it doesnt lay without being dearched. I was curious to if i can just heat the leaf up and drop it that way cuz my friend just dropped his truck by heating the leaf. I figure we only have to heat it and stand on the bed and drop it 3"....just curious is this would be a decent idea???? Seems like it can't be bad. lemme know.....WILLIE

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will it weaken the spring??? Like in a awhile will the spring break??? Cuz my friend just did it on his old ass 54 Ford pickup...and it's badass now....the leaf still seems the exact same in strength.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well ya...i seen a bunch lay with 4" block and mono-leaf setup. I have it nothed and everything...just the leaf is holding it up. Master Image Customs said that i should have them dearched....but that's is kinda expensive....and I've heard that I can buy drop leaves....so i dunno yet. Just looking for sumthing cheap i can do....and figured heating them would work. But i kno for a fact that guys lay with a mono and blocks. By the way...love the new look of the truck Dustro. And thanks guys for the help.
WILLIE

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks neverfinished94.....what exactly is a 4 link opposed to a 2 link? I saw that Jason sells 4 links for $249. And r they genally easy to put on...i have some friends who weld...so they can help. But how much r 2 links and whats the difference with the 2 and 4? Thanks guys

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
haha...alright Dutro thats a good point. My next question is if i buy the 4 link...i can still keep my stock gas tank right? Also i have my tank and compressor and valves under my bed behind the axle...so those will be clear from the 4 link right? I have seen pictures and it seems like i'll be ok.

·
lays frame on 22's
1,481 Posts
you can make a 2 link for around $50-75. if you have the money definately go with a 4 link, but if you dont have the $$$ a 2 link is fine for a temporary fix.

yes you can keep your stock tank. your tank and everything else would be fine

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alright guys...thanks...i think i'll just go with the 4-link now to save money in the long run so i dont have to buy anything later.
My next question is......right now i have stock rims and tires.....can i still put drop spindles on the front with the "stockies"???? I'm pretty sure with the spindles the stockies will hit the fender, but thats fine for now, I wanna be ready so when i get rims everything is cool???

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Uh..you are asking whether or not you should run spindles? Ya man, bolt em up. Either spend $150 or like 6 hours cutting the hell ou of your control arms and from so everything will clear when layd out..

Also I would not heat the leaf, very bad. Drop leaves dont do anything for ya either. We have a Belltech drop leaf pack taken apart so that its just a mono leaf, with 4" blocks and the truck BARELY lays out..its hard to drag cuz the back end bounces off the ground alot, the leaves need to be dearched.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
for now, in stead of heating the leaf, its still not a good idea, but you could flip the leaf over so it arches the other way, you will defiently lay hard

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright guys....so a 4-link will get me on the ground??? If so i'mma order one this week...can't wait. And with the 4-link i can drag right....and no wheel bounce? Also...AVTekk....i wanna do the spindles and u say do it....but i can do it with my stock rims right? Just curious cuz i here that it changes the back spacing and stuff. Thanks guys..so thats the 2 questions"

1. A 4-link will get me dragging and on the ground?
2. I can get spindles with stock rims and tires?

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
EVERYONE ran spindles with stock wheels/tires at one point. Supposedly it changes the offset of the wheel in the well by 1/2" but I havnt noticed any problems occur with them nor have I really even seen the 1/2" difference..

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright then...that answers my questions. Look like Spindles and 4-Link...here I come. Thanks for the help guys....Late...WILLIE

1 - 19 of 19 Posts