S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..I just ordered my stepshavers and roll pan for my 2k ZQ8 Noma..my question is when I get this how can I mold all 3 pieces together?..The only way that came to mind was..test fit the 3 pieces get them how I want them on the truck(unpainted still) then lay glass over the gap between the shavers and the pan till it's strong..then remove the whole deal sand it down bondo sand sand..sand..then paint and put it back on..this is a fiberglass set of stepshavers btw so I obviously can't weld it..does this sound right? or waaaay out in right field? any other ideas and comments would be GREATLY appreciated..thanks guys:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a pretty big gap to rely on bondo holding together..and not ever cracking dontcha think?

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
do it all when its on your truck, slap that sumbitch on there, glass it, bondo, primer and you're set, no need for paint...but definitely do the work while its on there so you know it'll fit

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IndigoblueXtreme said:
why didnt you just get the steel stepshave/rollpan kit from SirMichaels
Cuz the one I got from east coast customs is only like 200 bucks and I know alotta ppl with it that love it..and that price can't be beat!

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
str8h8ss said:
do it all when its on your truck, slap that sumbitch on there, glass it, bondo, primer and you're set, no need for paint...but definitely do the work while its on there so you know it'll fit
I know this is totally against all things mini truck..but I HATE PRIMER..I wont be leavin any primer on my ride for any amount of time

·
I'm BLOWN
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IndigoblueXtreme said:
I can understand getting them cause they are cheaper.... im just saying if your intensions was to mold them in, then metal would have been the way to go.. i just wouldnt trust body filler, with the way the bed flexes and all
Thats why I'm thinking 'glass over bondo

·
Statutory Ape
1,632 Posts
and just whats so bad about primer? just glass that shit already, then you can take it off and get it painted. you shouldn't need to use very much body filler.

·
no budget mini
435 Posts
IndigoblueXtreme said:
why didnt you just get the steel stepshave/rollpan kit from SirMichaels
indigo, do you have any more info about this steel step shaver kit? like how much it is and where you can order it. i cant find it anywhere

1 - 20 of 22 Posts