S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Im broke but im tryin...
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mold my front air dam to my bumper to smooth out the look a lil bit, but i'm not quite sure how to do it. I wanna do it myself so i can save the money and i've been told a couple different ways to do it, either to bondo it up or somethin wit a polyurethane sheet? Maybe? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I made one on my 79 monza out of fiberglass.
I was having problem's with oversteer at speeds over 140mph.
After it was done It looked good and really help keep the front end down, and it corrected the oversteer.

·
Im broke but im tryin...
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told fiberglass wouldn't work...somethin about it not bein able to bond to the metal? But i'll try it...thanks for the help.

·
former title junky mod
6,494 Posts
Fiberglas bonds to metal just fine. Bondo is not for filling dents and definetly not for molding. I think if everyone would just learn that bondo (body filler) doesnt mold or fill dents the world would be a much better place. Body filler shouldnt be over 1/8 in thick if at all possilbe (1/4) at the most and it shouldnt be put anywhere where there is flex (like molding). It is made to smooth out a surface and get hammer/pull marks out after you hammer or pull a dent as close to back as you can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts