S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran 10.25 @ 68mph at the Sealy, TX 1/8th mile track. That was with Flowmaster40's (stock pipes) de-screened MAF and a K/N cone filter. Since then I have removed the restrictor plate from the TB and removed the bar on the maf, (Port and Polished it). Im hopeing to get into the 9's now. Mabey 8's after E fan HPP3 and NOS.

·
Canadian Member
436 Posts
The only mods that will effect your 1/8th track times to that degree will be the Nitrous, Gears, and slicks. To drop two seconds on your 1/8 is harder then it sounds.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
How much difference did you notice between removing the MAF screen and actually porting and polishing it?

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the port and polish at the same time i did the throttle body mod, so i cant say which it was, but i felt a little more pull around 3,000 and up. I judge my runs off my friends truck, and i normally pull one link , well now i can pull 1 and a half so i think it made a difference. One note on the throttle body mod, when you drill out the 3 rived holes, if you dont put a small bolt/nut in ther it will idle at 2500 rpm, the ride to the hardware store was really different !

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
2k2Xtreme said:
I did the port and polish at the same time i did the throttle body mod, so i cant say which it was, but i felt a little more pull around 3,000 and up. I judge my runs off my friends truck, and i normally pull one link , well now i can pull 1 and a half so i think it made a difference. One note on the throttle body mod, when you drill out the 3 rived holes, if you dont put a small bolt/nut in ther it will idle at 2500 rpm, the ride to the hardware store was really different !
Hmm...so worth it then?

LOL, I know what you're talking about with the throttle body mod! I did that to mine too. You're not supposed to cut the whole thing off, you're supposed to leave that little plate on there. Idling at 2500 RPM is "weird" to say the least. :) Now I'm paranoid about the nuts falling down into my engine. I took steps to ensure that they won't, but still :rolleyes:

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Your best bang for the buck would be a set of 4.10 gears.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Hey CalgarySS, How far above sea level is your race track? Over
6/10 is a lot to drop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts