S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions?

I'd be using my old t25 turbo off my Talon, and thought maybe since i have friends who cross-breed different turbos to different cars, maybe a t25 on my s-10 blazer would be cool, and then later have it sized up to a big t28

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do u say that? that turbo is good for 235 WHP on the orginal motor and the sized up big t28 is good for about 285 WHP, and ur saying that any engine that only has 2 more cylinders and 140 more ci, that it's gonna b way too small?

i've heard of 16G's on other V6's that made good boost and very good power? and the Big t28 flows just as much as a 16G

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
Compare the size of it to a Cyclone turbo and see how close it is. Your trying to use one fitted for a 2.2 on a 4.3. Its the airflow that
you need to look at. CFM is what counts.

·
Registered
213 Posts
youd be better off with a T35, T4, or T04B

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, but i don't wanna spend the money if i don't have to, just thinking of what i could use this old turbo on

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Stock turbocharger in the syclone and typhoon is the Mitsubishi TD06-17C-8cm squared and it flows 550 cubic feet per minute... 14.7 pounds of turbo boost in our application with a water to air intercooler by Garrett. HTH

Mike

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
what Mitsubishi comes with that turbo, maybe i could find it at a junk yard and bolt it on:evilg:

·
C.L.I.T. Commander
431 Posts
but the turbo only runs off of 3 cylinders, so it should work fine, correct? it'd have the exhaust of 2.15 L going into it, not all 4.3, obviously its going into something thats going to be sucking twice as much air as the engine it was originally on, but wouldnt it work a little bit?

·
plastih8r
856 Posts
DimebagDarrell said:
but the turbo only runs off of 3 cylinders, so it should work fine, correct? it'd have the exhaust of 2.15 L going into it, not all 4.3, obviously its going into something thats going to be sucking twice as much air as the engine it was originally on, but wouldnt it work a little bit?
no it runs off all 6 cyls, your only exaust runs out the downpipe off the turbo side.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts