S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Frozen Exploding Beer
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible/safe to modify a wheel by cutting and tig welding or cutting and re-forming the inner lip?

I am getting my ride bagged and want to keep my wheels that I have had for only 4 months.

·
Stealth Sierra
8,375 Posts
what kind do you have? it can be done but it will probably be cheaper to go buy new rims, they have to be strait and balanced so it wont shimmy as you drive.

·
Still waters run Deep
937 Posts
:werd: most rims are compressed at a high heat to form them just that way, if you go 'customizing' them you might throw the balanceof them all off, and weaken their strength in the process.

·
Frozen Exploding Beer
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
02gmczq8 said:
what kind do you have?
They are Ultra Wheels - Snyper T.

I was an idiot and bought 18x9 without researching about bagging first. And now I am having trouble selling them, so I am trying to come up with ideas to try and keep them.

·
Registered
481 Posts
There is a company that streches rims by cutting them apart and welding the center of the rim back on a new outer rim that is wider then the original i don't see why the process couldn't be used to shrink a rim size...

·
Frozen Exploding Beer
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Concept S-Series said:
There is a company that streches rims by cutting them apart and welding the center of the rim back on a new outer rim that is wider then the original i don't see why the process couldn't be used to shrink a rim size...
Do you know what company does this?

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Wow thats cool!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts