S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being into DIY mods, Does anyone know, or has anyone tried to remove the center bar on the OEM MAF's. I have access to a small machine shop and was wondering if this was possible. Seems like the only difference between The oem piece and something like the Granatelli's is that piece being removed. Any help would be appreciated... Thanks:idea:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have done it, actually if you can, measure the throttle body's bore and match the size to the MAS, i.e. bore it to match.:thumbup:

·
Canuck w/Truck
624 Posts
I think www.sshotrods.com has an article about modding the stock MAF.

I know that a Granatelli (or any aftermarket MAF) is better than stock because it tells the computer different readings therefore letting more air in. It fools the computer were as a stock MAF will read the same airflow modded or not. Waste of time IMO.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
red10 said:
I think www.sshotrods.com has an article about modding the stock MAF.

I know that a Granatelli (or any aftermarket MAF) is better than stock because it tells the computer different readings therefore letting more air in. It fools the computer were as a stock MAF will read the same airflow modded or not. Waste of time IMO.
dude its not a waste of time! it made a difference that i could tell. the granatelli is 300 bucks and it gets suposidly 15 hp and what i did gained prolly 7 or 8 hp, so spending the 300 is insane in my opinion, especially considering, yeah the granatelli is bigger, bigger in bore diameter then the throttle body! and the whole its faster sending the info to the computer, i dunno about that, yeah it might be like 5-10 milliseconds faster but nothing you could tell.

·
Sold
4,592 Posts
i have a granatelli maf, and if i had to do it again i would just mod the stock one. i saw no gain from it at least nothing i could feel.never had it at a track but i think i would fell 15 hp if thats what your suspose to get from it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts