S-10 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a mobile video system into my 2000 sonoma truck. it has 2 5.6" screens in the visors and a 6"screen coming out of the dash. I am running it with a panasonic dvd player. going to look sweet. Here is the thing i have an extended cab and wanna put a box in there if u have seen it it is shaped funny, o yeah i have the 3 door fold down seat. well i want a box that looks smooth and leave room for me, i am 6'6" so i need my seat back. Also i am going to run a sub at 1400w contiuous and run component speakers at 300w each. i will have 2 capacitors, here is the question. Should i invest in a hevy duty batery, or get it so i have 2, should i update mt alternator. Let me hear what u guys think. Also i want to hear what u guys are doing. Pictures coming soon.

:jawdrop:

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
first of all this quistion should be posted in the auido but any wayz. the system that you are going to run will be pulling around 136 amps of current from you alternator or batter. if you got a hevy duty battery that would not really do that much in differents it still puts out 12v. but now i have a quistion, how big are your caps (capacitors), how many farads are they? the best cap that you can get that i know that kicks as$ is the Phoenix Gold 15 farad cap. with both mods done (the caps and alternator) your system will have no problem put out what ever you give it. Just make shere that you use "0" gages wire from the batter and the ground.
What kind of sub are you looking at running? since you have the ext cab and only plain on putting in just one sub you should not trip on taking up the whole bast set. and i have been thinking about running the same system of vides in my truck, but i am going to put one more screen in as will. savv just came out with a rear view mire lcd screen that i am going to put in. but i really want pics to see what it look like
~~EcKo~~

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really a rear veiw mirror lcd huh. thats sounds awsome, send me the sight for that so i can check it out. i was thinking of running 2 1 farad caps, but i dont know if it will be enough. the sub i will have is a 10" audiobahn piston excursion sub which will run at 1400w contiues which i plan to push. that 15 farad cap sounds expensive too. where can u get that. Thanks for writing back and hope ur **** goes good. Also do u run dvd and if so what brand. I am torn between the panasonic and the pioneer.

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
with my system i will be running pioneer for one reason only. the nav systme on it more user friendly plues the pic is more clearer then any system that i have used. Plus the dvd player is also my cd player and my brain for my nav system all in one.
now about you capacitors quistion, if you bought a 1 farad cap it will run you about $100, if you payed more then that you got rip off. now keeping that in mind i THINK that Phoenix Gold Tantrum Powergrid (that is there 10 farad cap distribution block, meaning all power, rem, and ground runs in and out of it) will cost you around $400 and there Titanium Powercare (20 farad cap distribution block) will fun you about $600. but still even if you had 100 farad cap (made by RF) and pulling more then 120 amps of current off your alternator i alwas push every one to up grade there alternator your trucks system will not run with you system turned up, a/c running, head lights on, as will as you truck running somthing will have to give up or burn up just give it time.
The rear view lcd that i am talking about is made by SAVV. you can check out there web site at www.savv.com but if you go there, i do not think the info will be there just yet. i just learned about them about 5 weeks ago at a unvalling. i think it will be out by this summer. if it is not there e-mail me and i will send you the info that i have.
if you have not already bought your system just yet WAIT and do you home work on it first. the best thing you can buy to see what is out there and what you can do is in a mag called car audo and electronics. check them out on the web at www.caraudiomeg.com that is where i get most of my info from. it will give you the ohms of the subs, size, x-max, peek and rms power, and what every euls you will need to know about that damn thing plus info that you do not need to know will be in it. hope that this will help you out
~~EcKo~~

·
Registered
41 Posts
i have a 2000 s10 standard. can i fit 5" screens in my visors?

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
to tell you the truth i am getting custom made visors so i do not have to trip over the size of the depth

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
go to www.partsexpress.com look at there sunvisor screens 5.6 inch. I have two on the way, for my 00 s-10. The mounting depth is 13mm so its cool on depth. I have seen the screens in other cars I have done and they are very nice looking (resolution wise). Check them out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You guys do know to take the easy way out u can buy them on ebay for like 180 for the visor with an 5.6" lcd in it and a speaker.... its a universal. That is the easy way and i dont suggest it. Also on ebay is the auto accessories store u can buy some lcds and pay 35 dollars and they will install it for you. I just bought a clarion dvd player today foe 200 dollars it is so sweet . Pics be up within 3 weeks i dnt have that much time Sorry Guys
Jim

·
Roadrunner=Chicken
12,816 Posts
Just a little info on the 15 fared cap from PG. The cap is built for PG by Alumapro who dose a 5, 15 & 50. They bought the the rights to build these monsters from the military. Thats right boys & girls genuine GI Joe sh*t.

·
Registered
324 Posts
alumapro cap

I have the alumapro 15 farad C.A.P. it is the ****. I added that first then 3 optima blu tops. it took two weeks until my alternator went out in a flame of fury. I stopped at a light and smoke started pouring out of the hood opened it up and the alternator was sparking and smoking as it spun. I bought a 258 amp alternator but the case needed a bit of modification to fit but it did the job when done. I makes a huge difference i suggest u do it all an definately run 0 guage wire.

Attachments

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
Dozer600 said:
Just a little info on the 15 fared cap from PG. The cap is built for PG by Alumapro who dose a 5, 15 & 50. They bought the the rights to build these monsters from the military. Thats right boys & girls genuine GI Joe sh*t.
Yea I got the 15Farad one... The PG one looks a little cooler, specially if you are runnin the PG amps that have the same chassis design as the PG CAP....

Its prolly a little overkill, but I figured 100.00 = 1Farad Cap on most other brands,
400.00 = 15Farads, Better deal..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts