S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently bought and installed 7" screen for $210 shipped....so im trying to take care of it. I read in the manual that the operating temperature range is between 32*f and something else, and Its been getting close to that range lately around here. Tonight I unplugged my tv and took it inside cause I dont want to risk getting dead pixels or anything from the cold....anyone know anything more about this, have any experiences or input?.....or am i just being parinoid? Any and all feedback is welcome.....except the stories that are from a friends sister who heard it from their neighbors brother that his friends tv screwed up in the cold. I need facts, not myths =-)

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
It will not be harmed by the temps, it just won't work well when it's that cold. LCD's don't like cold temps, and will be very dim and slow to react when it's below freezing. Polaris went with LCD displays on their 2004 4 wheelers, and when it's -3F outside they don't do anything at all, just a blank screen. Once warm they work fine.

Taking it in isn't a bad idea though. Once it's cold in the truck you'll be waiting a while for it to work. Like even after the interior warms up you'll have to wait for the unit itself to warm up, which could take another 5 minutes or so after waiting for the truck to warm up.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, lately ive just started my truck (remote) and let it warm up for a few mins before I take my breaks and stuff at work, which is generally when i play it most, and thats worked fine....but since i spent a crap load on it I dont wanna risk damaging it or gettind dead pixels. You know any other ways that something may damage it? Cause im not trying to take any chances. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts