S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a few questions for anyone who has good knowledge. First, if I wanted to bag my truck (S10) is there any way I could do it without messing with the bed at all? If so, how low would it go completely emptied? Also, does anyone know if the bed would be long enough to fit a sportbike in and if the 2.2l, 5 speed could handle that? Thanks in advance.

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, as said before, I've got the 2.2l, 5-speed. The truck has over 204,000 miles on it and about 4000 miles ago, I had the 2.2 rebuilt. Ever since I got it back, my power steering broke, so I fixed it and it broke again, a hose fell off the intake, so I put it back on, another hose fell off the intake, and just recently something pretty bad happened. The guy who rebuilt it is fixing it, I have no idea what it was, but I just found out my friend has a 4.3 Vortec with transmission (not sure which one) that is up for sale. I'm thinking I'm going to do it, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
917 Posts
you can find find bag info at bagginit.com, about the bike, if you have the 7ft bed it will fit a lil better with the 6 ft bed you would just have to leave the gait down.

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, thanks for the info about the bike, but where on bagginit.com do you find the info about not cutting the bed at all?

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not worried about cutting the frame at all, but I just can't cut the bed. That behind and under I wouldn't have to cut the bed? What kind of lift would that give me too? Sorry to ask so many damned questions, I'm new to all of this stuff. n00b = me. Keeping that in mind, why on a 8 valve setup for the tank, do you only use 7 of the ports? Is the extra one for another compressor? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
8 port tank you use, 2 valves on each port, the others are for air in ( from your comp) a gauge line ( to tell psi thats left in your tank) a drain, and the other one you can block off.

·
Registered
917 Posts
If you cut off your bumpstop brackets out back and do the behind and under the axle kityou can get pretty low. I would guess about 4 inches from layin out. I did that for a while and could barely tuck 18's if that helps you out at all. I wish I could find some aired out pics, but here is the back of mine at full lift when I had this setup.

Hope that helps, if not sorry. Good luck, have fun :tup:

·
2.2 Auto FTW
2,957 Posts
bolt in notch and a behind and under the axle kit and youll be damn close to laying out depending on your tire size. like and inch id guess

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
It all depends on your tires, use the right size tires, and you can lay with the behind and under kit, and use a sleeve bag back there and youll get close to 9in of lift.

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That all helps actually a hell of a lot, thanks to all of you. With that bolt in notch, you wouldn't have to cut the frame, or what? (Like I said, n00b. I have friends that could tell me the same info, but I trust everyone here more.)

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
if u use an AirRide Airbar you can not cut up the bed and still have the fun of bags, but your lowest ride heigth is like 60psi which in turn means...4-5 inches from layin imma have to guess

·
Wannabe Dragger
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, thanks for all the information. From what I'm reading, my best bet is to use the behind and under kit with a sleeve bag and cutting off my bumpstops, right? Would that lay out on stock rims and tires or would I have to get smaller tires? Also, about how much would it all cost, only in parts, or what parts would I need so I can check?

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
You wont lay at all without a notch, even on stock rims and tires. the bolt in notch does require you to cut the frame, but not much...about 2 3/4 in to be exact. And with that cutting of the frame you will be removing the bump stops so no worries there.

As for parts. If you will have to get everything since you are not bagged yet, and plan to spend 3k, that will leave a little room for micellanious stuff, if you keep it cheap, and dont go nuts...go check out www.suicidedoors.com and look at the s10 specific stuff to get an idea of individual prices... roughly all the air management minus fittings and little shit will be about 1000, all the shit for the front figure 300( with shocks), all the shit for the back another 1000-1200, and if you cannot do the install your self it will be alot more.

You can bag for alot cheaper if you build your link, and brackets and what not, but its just to easy to save a little longer and go with parts that you know will last the life of the truck. SD all the way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts