S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Chrome sucks-Get over it!
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my truck 3 months ago, and the motor just turned about 55k miles, truck is at 105k.

first things first, my temp gauge is acting up. normally it sits on the line directly between the 100 and 210 marks...i figure its 155? at any rate it normally sits there, and even did so when it was really hot outside. now that its gotten colder, the gauge actually goes higher, but then it fluctuates. is my thermostat going bad? is there anything else i need to pay attention to?

also, like i said the motor turned 55k, so do i need to start looking into a t-belt or anything else like that? can someone just put in the maintenance schedule for both the motor and the truck itself? for those who dont know, my truck is a 97.

thanks all!
eric

·
Registered
389 Posts
There is aGM website, something like mygm.com or whatever... it's a site where GM owners can register their vehicles.
Anyway I signed up there and downloaded a PDF file ofthe owner's manual. If you go to GM's main website, I think there is a link there. E-mail or pm me if you can't get one for your year truck, and I'll be glad to e-mail my 2000 manual to you. The maintainence schedule should be basically the same I would think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts