S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at some pics on the web, seems normal for the 5.3 to have the missing upper pass side bolt hole. My ls swap book says it's no big deal to not have a bolt there but most trans pics show that they have the upper center bolt. well my trans doesn't have the upper center hole on the bellhousing. Should I drill and tap the block or not worry about it and just use the 5 remaining? thanks

·
Registered
990 Posts
5 bolts is fine, it's not the bolts that hold the power, it's the dowels

I ran just 5 bolts on a TH400 to a LS1 that was a 8 second car, never had any issues

·
i saw what you did there!
3,572 Posts
you have to do it sometimes this way

try putting in all the bolts on a ford ranger or explorer 4.0L new body style

oh boyyyyyyyyy

nightmare.

i couldnt

no one else here could either and by some miracle my arm was just long enough to even reach it with my finger tips to find the head to remove the bolt in the first place, passenger side top one

insane.......

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an issue with my 1992 S10, it's got the 4.3 in it, while underneath it I noticed I have 3 of the lower bell housing bolts missing. These are easily accessible for me, however I have no idea what bolts, the size, diameter etc etc to replace with. Is there anyone that can just give me a link or such so I can buy the correct bolts. I'm not trying to replace or remove the tranny, I just wanna put my mind at ease by having all the bolts in there. Thank you in advance!

·
Administrator
21,809 Posts
You don't have an LSx, and this thread is 9 years old. Start your own thread in the Transmission/Rearend forum and you'll most likely get some help. Of course, you could take out another boult and go to the hardware store.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I hate to add to a dead thread, its like throwing gas on RHots fire,
but please dont remove another bolt to match one up without supporting the transmission.
Leaving only 2 bolts in it is like begging it to break the bellhousing and do bad things to the converter,input shaft etc.

·
Administrator
21,809 Posts
Good point about not taking another bolt out...🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

·
Registered
5 Posts
My bad for posting on a dead forum, sorry, didnt notice. I'll post a new thread and see what answers I cab drum up, and no, I'm not taking out another bolt. Thanks guys.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts