S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unmotivated
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a drive to Columbus, OH last night to see Black Label Society which ****ing owned! Zakk Wylde is a MONSTER! Anyways this is the first trip I've taken my car on. I'm surprised at how well it did.

1994 Lumina Euro 3.4 Twin Dual Cam

The whole ride at 75 was smooth and the car did amazing... Until I got into Columbus. Then the engine got hot, fast! When it did it started missing very bad. I though it was going to die. I parked before it reached 200*.

The ride home was good other than the car not starting in Greenfield. The starter jammed lol. 3am is not a good time for this.

·
Unmotivated
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm thinking maybe it didn't overheat, but I parked it before the thermostat could open. I just really, really didn't want to overheat 180mi from home.

Also. In the city the SES light comes on. I checked it and it flashed . .. . .. . .. . .. what code is this? On the highway there is no lights on, no matter what speed I'm at.

·
Registered
235 Posts
you know i really dont wanna sound like a douche here but this is the "S 10 forum"...maybe a shot on 60degreev6 may get you more feedback..if you want a shot in the dark id say the maybe you blew a fan and the sputtering and missing could be the computer dumping extra fuel into the motor to try to cool it off...im sure is has some kinda technical name but i dunno what it is..iv have also see black label society in my younger mosh pitting days...unfortunately when you get old and still wanna be invloved you hang on the edge and just shove people back into play..good luck...and always support your local rock bands

·
Registered
235 Posts
one should be on the head the other on the top of the intake manifold on a TBI motor..try the library im pretty sure you can get on a computer to google it there for free..if not i think kinkos rents computers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts