S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2001 S10 4.3l 4x4. After getting it, I realized it needed a lot of TLC. Every single vacuum line on it is bad and I've started replacing them 1 by 1.
I'm replacing the vacuum line that comes off of the air injector check valve and the ones that go into the vacuum solenoid and I noticed that there is nothing attached to one of the inlets to the air injector.
There's the hose on the radiator side. that goes into the check valve and then t's off to the metal check valves/motor and then there's this one sticking out pointing towards the driver's side that I don't know where it goes.
1. Where does it go?
2. Does anyone know the part # for this mystery air injector hose?
3. Do people remove this to bypass the air injector or something? I'd guess not cause all the vacuum lines near it were crumbled.

·
time to get cereal
2,321 Posts
Without looking at it, I would guess that it's just the fresh air intake for the air pump. As far as new hoses, I think you have to buy the pump itself with the hoses already attached. Been a while since I looked.

·
Been there Done it
7,548 Posts
Usually that hose is routed high up inside the engine compartment to prevent water being sucked into the AIR pump. Water destroys those pumps. GM had a TSB out on the subject recommending a longer hose than they originally came with so it could be extended higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts