S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
baggin' in
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a while now my truck has been misfiring at low RPMs on when moving in gear. I unplugged the map sensor and it ran great, but the thing I don't get is I replaced the map sensor and it did nothing, so I then replaced the EGR valve, that didn't do the trick, so I then replaced the o2 sensor that didn't do the trick, I thought it could be an exhaust leak and that still didn't do the trick, I'm thinking TPS, Spark plugs, Fuel Filter? anyone have any comments or suggestions, anything is helpful at this point.

·
Registered
180 Posts
*How do the spark plugs look?
*Wires - How long have they been on there? Time to replace? Look bad? Resistance of each one?
*Weak coil?
Just some thoughts.......

·
baggin' in
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
don't know...

I bought the truck awhile back from a mechanic friend of mine that died :( he rebuilt the engine but I know nothing about the plugs and wires, they probably need to be replaced but I don't want to pay to have it done :) but I probably will :hitit:

How are is it to replace the wires and plugs?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am having very similar problem as you. Is it misfiring when you give it gas? or just all the time. Does it happen when the engine is cold? and does it happen regularly? How the gas milage?

here is the thread that I posted:
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72666

"How are is it to replace the wires and plugs?" how hard, I am assuming:
Spark plug wires/plugs are pretty easy to replace. The wires should be under 20000 ohms and they take a little working to get em over and around to the distributor (well, DIS). I'd wouldn't go cheap on em. that 2.2 seems to be pretty touchty.

I'd definately pull the fuel filter and check the air filter.
Let me know if you fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts