S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
bag it. drop it. drag it.
236 Posts
anything will fit on whatever you want to put it onto... just takes a lil imagination and modification.... you think everyone just bought conversions for their rides?
would probably fit with minor drilling and trimming...

·
32,797 Posts
anything will fit on whatever you want to put it onto... just takes a lil imagination and modification.... you think everyone just bought conversions for their rides?
would probably fit with minor drilling and trimming...
Hack jobs generally get laughed at.

44SS mirrors will not fit. They are shorter in height and longer in lenght thanthe S10 mirrors. also the angle of the window is raked differently. I have both mirrors.

·
236 Posts
didnt tell you to do a hack job... just sayin man this "sport" if it so should be called has evolved around fabrication and modification... all you need is to change the plate and the mounting... im not looking at one so i cant exactly tell you but probably just use some fiberglass to build where its shorter and trim where you need to if you need to and make it fit then make it look clean and paint it.... not trying to be arrogant or a prick or anything just saying what you're "into" is about modification... so do some modifying

·
32,797 Posts
didnt tell you to do a hack job... just sayin man this "sport" if it so should be called has evolved around fabrication and modification... all you need is to change the plate and the mounting... im not looking at one so i cant exactly tell you but probably just use some fiberglass to build where its shorter and trim where you need to if you need to and make it fit then make it look clean and paint it.... not trying to be arrogant or a prick or anything just saying what you're "into" is about modification... so do some modifying
That's just it, people always say this type of thing (about making things fit).

And people always say that reason (the one qouted above) for saying it.

It sounds all cool annyd everything, but is usually not correct. and generally leads to hackjobs.

And many of the times, the ones saying it, don't even know what the part is.

But review all the vehicles in this "sport" , at the daily drivers levels and the show trucks levels and all inbetween, the majority are hackjobs. A lot of times, thing just do not fit (not even refering to the visual aspect of it) no matter how much effort you put into it.

This is the mirror in question. And to the right is the stock S10 one. (the pics are probally not to scale).

It is a one peice design, no mounting base.
The top length in shorter and the bottom length is longer.
Being a triangle, that means the degree of pitch is gonna be very different.
There's also the corner point being very different and the curve of the window itself is different.
Then there's the whole backside with the mounting points being different.
and I believe there's a big difference where they meet the window trim.

Now, how many regular guys have you seen make this type of swap and not have it be a hackjob?

·
236 Posts
yeah but how do you think we've gotten so far with building trucks... someone had an idea and made it work.... but obviously you dont want to use your head and figure it out so just go be like all the other joes out there and but whatever bolts up to it cuz you know thats "custom"

·
32,797 Posts
yeah but how do you think we've gotten so far with building trucks... someone had an idea and made it work.... but obviously you dont want to use your head and figure it out so just go be like all the other joes out there and but whatever bolts up to it cuz you know thats "custom"
So you're of these fools that thinks "Cut up = Custom"

Do you follow the stupid "built not bought" nonsense too.:haha:

You didn't even answer the question about this mod.

There's a thread about this mentality and how stupid it is, and how it actually hurts this "sport" in the Flame Forum area.

Edit: Here this thread:
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f87/not-to-cramp-your-minitruckin-lyfestyle-1-a-251942/

·
236 Posts
So you're of these fools that thinks "Cut up = Custom"

Do you follow the stupid "built not bought" nonsense too.:haha:

You didn't even answer the question about this mod.

There's a thread about this mentality and how stupid it is, and how it actually hurts this "sport" in the Flame Forum area.

Edit: Here this thread:
http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f87/not-to-cramp-your-minitruckin-lyfestyle-1-a-251942/

aight im endin this convo here cuz if thats the way you think than whatever man... im a builder thats what i do, i dont buy my rides.... i was brought up in a garage by old school rodders and without them we wouldnt have these trucks or anything being performed on vehicles today... and they were builders... they couldnt go down the street to the garage and have someone do the shit... plus its your car/truck its a part of you and without you working on it then its not you...

·
32,797 Posts
:haha: :haha:

What I said is completely true then, you are one of those "cut = custom/built not bought/hackjob" guys. Go ahead continue preaching about hacking stuff.:haha:

·
236 Posts
:haha: :haha:

What I said is completely true then, you are one of those "cut = custom/built not bought/hackjob" guys. Go ahead continue preaching about hacking stuff.:haha:
wow you are pathetic... i give up... just because someone cuts does not mean they do a hack job.... and just because you cant do anything and you have to buy and you cant build you want to be a self righteous prick about it

·
32,797 Posts
wow you are pathetic... i give up... just because someone cuts does not mean they do a hack job.... and just because you cant do anything and you have to buy and you cant build you want to be a self righteous prick about it
No, someones a hack when they do hackjobs.
And don't get mad because I'm right.:haha:

BTW, I posted that before I saw your other threads where you prove it youself.:haha:

·
Spare Parts Pack Rat
583 Posts
C'mon guys...white97 just asked a simple question. All he wanted to know was if they could be made to fit. I'm sure he realized that they were not a direct bolt on.

Could they be made to fit...yes. Would it look good? Ehhhh...I'm leaning towards no, but it would really depend on his fabrication and bodyworking skills. Only seeing the finished product would really tell the tale.
I agree on the lines and angles being off, but that's where the custom fabrication comes into play. If he were to just cut the bases off and glue the one he needs to the 454SS mirrors and call it done...then yes...it's gonna be "ghetto", "hacked", or any of the other derogitory terminology there is for a f'ed up mess. But if he were to take the time and mold the base to the new mirrors and make it look like it was made that way...then that is art.
We (the whole rest of the mitrucking community) may not like it for use on our trucks, but you would have to give him props for taking the time and effort to try to be different. Hell, he may put an assload of hours of labor into them and then say..."that looks like ass" and pitch them into the trash. At least he tried.
Maybe I am misunderstanding the terminology behind "built...not bought". Would it not stand to reason that all of our trucks are built..not bought (with the exception of someone buying a truck that was already lowered, bagged, shaved, etc. and just driving it around without ever doing anything to it)? We, as minitruckers, have dedicated a lot of time, money, blood, sweat, and tears into making our trucks just a little different from the next guys (or gals). I know my truck has owned me more than once in the blood department. And God knows, this "sport" has drained my wallet on several occassions and, not to mention, put some serious strain on my relationship with my wife. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has heard, "You love that truck more than you love me" or my personal favorite, "Why don't you just go out to the garage and sleep with that damn truck!!!"

Where's my sleeping bag??? :haha: :haha: :haha:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts