S-10 Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1984 S15
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Sorry if this was asked/answered. What's the deal with them pushin' around wheels you got on the front there? Can't say I've ever seen wheels/tires like that before.
They are a shop wheel that can fit most any bolt pattern. It allows you to get some “wheels” on your vehicle while you are working or waiting for the final ones for some reason or other.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Cool project. Looks mean. Clean work in the bed. Gonna keep an eye on this one.

·
Old Fart
4,495 Posts
I just stumbled across this build and even though I'm not a fan of the earlier style trucks but I'm lovin' this build!

·
Old Fart
4,495 Posts
^^^ DAMN... That is one hell of a serious fuel tank!! (y)
If he would have used an overdrive then he wouldn't need a tank that big. 🤣

·
Registered
1984 S15
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
If he would have used an overdrive then he wouldn't need a tank that big. 🤣
I can’t argue about that too much. Although with a 950cfm carburetor not sure I would ever get anything close to acceptable mpg from that stand point.:)

Couple quick pictures of some of the exhaust going in. Also my new drive shaft is here and can be seen in the pictures.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive exhaust
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive design Automotive exhaust

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,312 Posts
Is the e-brake cable as close as it looks? Might be bouncing off the driveshaft with suspension travel.

Reactions: goes2fast

·
Old Fart
4,495 Posts
Unless you are planning on some really high RPMs do you really need a 950 cfm carb? A 750 would be plenty for a street-driven engine or split the difference with an 850. The low-end torque improvement would help driveability as well as fuel economy. My 57 had an 850 on the 283 which had the hottest factory cam made in 57 and I swapped it for a 570 Holley and now it is a screamer for what it is and gets 19 mpg around town.

·
Registered
1984 S15
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Do I need anything I am actually doing here? :)

My build is certainly not the most practical. There are a lot of choices that I made that most would not. The 950 should work well with my application though and as built my engine dyno turned 600/600 for hp/tq.

·
Old Fart
4,495 Posts
Do I need anything I am actually doing here? :)

My build is certainly not the most practical. There are a lot of choices that I made that most would not. The 950 should work well with my application though and as built my engine dyno turned 600/600 for hp/tq.
I understand I just thought you might benefit from my personal experience. When I finish my S10 swap I'm planning on building a 383 with around 500 hp for my 57. It will be running a 750 E85 carb since it will mostly see street driving with an occasional quarter-mile blast. I don't want to tub it because I want to keep the old school look so it may have traction issues as it is.

Just remember that low-end torque is what accelerates your car and high rpm hp just keeps it going.

By the way, what brand are those shiny mufflers?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts