S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bit of a mystery. With all things being as close as possible to the same, (driving habits, type of gas, highway VS local etc.) my gas mileage on my new S10 PU truck (1300 miles, all stock, 4.3L) has steadily declined from a new 20.6 MPG to 16 MPG. I get the feeling that the onboard computer is learning or changing the efficiency somehow. Anyone have a more logical explanation?

:werd:

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
how new is it?, if its brand new your not suppose to go over a certain amount of rpms, i think 5, for about the first few hundred or thousand miles, or you will lose horsepower.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeh! what's up with that? "Oh!, Well I get 22mpg What do you get?" And all I;m gettin' is 16-17. So, I'm ana ggresive driver, but I'm not driving with one foot on the excellerator and the other on the fockin' brake.

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
yea im an aggresive driver, thats why i put on a lot of stuff to counter act that and give me more mpg!:scary:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.