S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lately ive been going into town (7 miles most) and my mileage seems to have gone to ****. i burn about 1/4 tank to get there and back. so at most im going 20 miles. wtf is up? is it carb probs?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
injector cleaner doesn't really work. if you keep running it then it works fine but that is after about 2-3 months of continued use

·
Registered
152 Posts
CHECK YOUR CAT

Is it blowin back thru the carb, won't accelerate, stinks of gas, could be back pressure from a plugged cat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only reason i wouldnt think its the cat is that it is brand new. i had to redo my whole exhaust system when i registered the truck 4 months ago. DAMN CALI SMOG LAWS!!! :mad: and it doesnt smell of gas any more that was taken care of. it was just a hole in the exhaust pipe where there was a crappy weld that broke. yet it does hesitate on acceleration, plus when cold it holds 1st gear longer than it does warm.

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Have you tried to pull the codes stored in your ECM by attaching a jumper between the ground (pin A) and diagnostic terminal (pin B) on your ALDL? You don't need to have a code reader to pull the codes but, it makes it easier. HTH

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts