S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so im considering swapping the lt1 for an ls motor...... would 5k be too much to ask for...

-94 lt1, heads rebuilt and mild ported
-crane cams roller rockers, lunati cam, and crane cams lifters
-melling oil pump
-misc msd parts, bbk throttle body, underdrive pulleys, etc etc

94 t56 trans with 40k
-new clutch kit
-2.8 mounts, w/ jtr brackets
-current perf. harness w/ lt1 pcm
custom hydraulic line to work with stock t56 slave cyl.
-short shifter
-complete true dual exhaust with magnaflow cats and dynomax mufflers
-modified trans crossmember for t56
-rad. support w/ vette rad. and taurus fan
-autoloc tach calibrator
basically everything to get the engine and trans in a second gen EVERYTHING!

motor and trans work excellent, many extras... blah blah blah

is that worth it, cuz i dont think id do it for any less???????????????

·
Trust Me
24,785 Posts
ok, so im considering swapping the lt1 for an ls motor...... would 5k be too much to ask for...

-94 lt1, heads rebuilt and mild ported
-crane cams roller rockers, lunati cam, and crane cams lifters
-melling oil pump
-misc msd parts, bbk throttle body, underdrive pulleys, etc etc

94 t56 trans with 40k
-new clutch kit
-2.8 mounts, w/ jtr brackets
-current perf. harness w/ lt1 pcm
custom hydraulic line to work with stock t56 slave cyl.
-short shifter
-complete true dual exhaust with magnaflow cats and dynomax mufflers
-modified trans crossmember for t56
-rad. support w/ vette rad. and taurus fan
-autoloc tach calibrator
basically everything to get the engine and trans in a second gen EVERYTHING!

motor and trans work excellent, many extras... blah blah blah

is that worth it, cuz i dont think id do it for any less???????????????
seems a bit high to me, but then again, i'm some what in the dark on what the newer built LT & LS motors bring nowadays. I know you can get Stockers for dirt cheap though.

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know it sounds steep, but all that stuff adds up to twice that much money.... i paid 800 for the motor (stock) 1750 for the trans, 450 for the clutch, and 1100 for the harness and comp. tune
thats 4000 bucks right there.... and there is considerable work done to everything

·
Trust Me
24,785 Posts
yeah, that's true i understand. I guess if you find the right buyer they would be willing to purchase it. The nice part about your's is the fact that it's already been tuned and ready to go, maybe even try on some F-body forums to see if anyones interested ya know? best of luck to ya anyhow!

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would be nice to sell to a 2nd gen s10 owner, cuz they could just put it in, plug it in and be done with it

·
Registered
112 Posts
that is steap dude but i get where you comin from it is worth that much. just tell them you get what you pay for and thats alot. at worst you may have to part it or just get another truck if it can be an option

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
that harness has to be for the same type truck you have with the same or damn near the same options for it to work,might be better off the try and sell the whole truck and start over...

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
selling the truck can and will not happen..... by any means..... this isnt a truck with a v8..... ive got way too much in it to sell...... i doubt that the truck has that much to do with it..... if i can find someone with a 2nd gen, 4cyl, 5spd, with a tach they should be fine

·
5,666 Posts
Well, the harnesses are built for "your" truck.So he builds them to what truck you have.Meaning, the harness wil not work on a 4.3 5 speed truck.Thats all I was saying.

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea, i get ur point..... then again.... i have a 2000 ext cab. 4.3 5 speed as well, and i wouldnt want tgo do a v8 in that one, cuz it actually has potential

·
5,666 Posts
LOL.I actually took apart a perfect running 4.3 5 speed to do a v8 swap.I wont be doing that again!

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dont get me wrong, id like to, but its my daily, and if i want it fast, i can work with what i got (prob with boost)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts