S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

Ok so I bought this 93 S10 reg cab and i went to lower it by putting 2" drop spindles and 3" blocks but after putting the blocks in it was alittle to low for my liking so then i thought i would try and put the spindles on to see if i would like it when its all done but i starting taking off the caliper and rotor and the spindles that on the truck look like the are drop spindles but i wasnt sure and instead of wasting my time i didnt put them on. the only thing i noticed on the spindles for marking was they said 2100 on them now are these belltechs or just stock i would hate to send them back only to find out i was wrong and have to reorder i want to lower it alittle more than it is right now i need to get pics but i dont have my camera right now ill see what i can do about that. but i think im just going to return the blocks and get 2" drop instead of 3" thanks for any help

Daniel

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
it is pretty easy to tell once you get the rotor off. if the spindle shaft is halfway b/w the ball joints then its probably a drop spindle. if the spindle shaft is right above the bottom ball joint its a stocker

the top spindle in this pic is a stock s10 spindle 82-03
the bottom one is a stock 98+2wd s10 blazer spindle (different brakes)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys thats what i was afraid of, im glad its already dropped and it done right cause i think it was 3" drop springs out back but i have no way to tell, like i said before in the other post i put a 3" drop blocks and the rear tire was almost completely in the wheel well and the bump stop was bottom out, i knoew it wasnt right. thanks again.
Daniel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts