S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
what size tires are those? A friend of mine was looking at a full size blazer with 35's...it had a 350 in it also and the guy only wanted $3000. Body was in pretty rough shape though...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The tires are 35x14.5x15 on 15x10 rims. I used to have 40's on it but, the cops just gave me to much trouble. Never got the ticket but with 35's I am only 1" over the height law. Course having a solid front axle makes the truck illegal regardless of the hight. Not many people know that most states that have laws restricting the height of a vehicle state that all lift must be done using OEM suspension components i.e. no converting an IFS truck to SFA.

As for the blazer with 35's and a 350. I would be pretty surprised if the blazer also has the stock suspension under it. I have not seen many blazers that can get enough lift to run 35's when staying with the IFS.

Even putting in the 5" suspension lift with a 3" body lift on an S-10 with the stock IFS would end up being rather tight for 35's. Sure it will drive in town ok but go off road and you are going to start rubbing.

Plus the stock drive train does not like a 350 with 35" tires at all. I went through 4 re-builds on the stock tranny before I gave up and with with the turbo 350. Prior to the SFA the tranny never cuased a problem but with the 4.88 gears and 35" plus tires I could brun up the stock tranny in a couple of months.

If you are a little handy with body work it is really easy to get body panels, doors, fenders (inner and outer) for the S series trucks.

Hope this helps some and please forgive the spelling mistakes.

Eric

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ohhhh man, I hate when I do that. You said full size blazer.

PLEASE IGNORE THE PRIOR POST!!!!! So Sorry, I need to go and put my foot in my mouth....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The front spings are early fullsize chevy blazer 6" lift springs. The rear currently uses blocks with a helper spring with the stock S-10 springs. Currently I am waiting on AB springs here in Grand Rapids, MI to build my custom spring packs for the rear so that I can get rid of the block.

I am going to put on 4" lift springs with 2" longer shackels and a 2" body lift. Net result of this will be 2" taller then it currently is.

Lets just say without the step bars as it is shown in the pics it is a major pain to get in. I have since put the step bars back on.

I am going to post new pics once I finish the custom shock hoops for the front and get the dual shocks installed in front and back.

I have been pretty busy building the track bar, and 4 link axle wrap control system for the truck. I plan on having new pics in the next couple of weeks.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
:uhoh: thats one big ass blazer, nice truck man

1 - 9 of 9 Posts