S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i got my s10 repainted paid like 500 bucks, and i lent it to a friend for a day, and he took out a can of wax outta my bed and put another one in instead, i waxed my truck with it and found out later it was turtle wax tire metal and trim cleaner, now my whole truck is covered with circles like it was dry sanded, i just did a layer of wax on a small sqaure and it seemed to fix the problem about 60%, and this was done quickly in the rain and cold of tonight, does anyone have any suggestions other than multiple waxings of REAL WAX, moral of the story, never lend ur truck to anyone, help would be appreciated

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
If it is your basic $500 paint job, they prob did not use too much clear on it. All I can say is check and see if it is only clearcoat damage. If it is try a rubbing compound to remove the swirls and hope you stay in the clear. Just do not use too much in one place. After that go over it with a good wax compound and then finally with a finisher/sealer.

·
Registered
145 Posts
500$ are you sure its base coat clear coat? it may be acrylic enamel a single stage paint. Id ultra fine it with some 1500/2000 grit sand paper and try to compound it out then polish it. Thats ya best bet

·
Network Pimp
1,110 Posts
After you've put your foot in your hommies ballon know and pulled it out. Take your truck back where u got it painted at and ask them. They know exactly what tehy painted it with and maybe how much damage that did...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts