S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure how many of you know this but I just figured it out yesterday. Anybody that has a 3/4 drop or more might want to check their passenger side rear brake line near their exhaust. I was installing my turndown the other day and noticed that my exhaust pipe had melted almost half way through my brake line. Looks like I need to go get that fixed before I lose my brakes.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
ya that would be the godo thing to do :)

·
NOT AN ADMIN!!
2,230 Posts
same thing happend with me with 4 inch block and zq8 leafs

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was looking at it the other day and I noticed that. The actual brake line is steel tubing and it runs along the axle so its not that big of a deal. Thanx for the clarification though Inferno.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
Yea no problem..I thought it was a brake line for a long ass time..you'd think that they might have a little more protection around the actual break line, instead of having a bunch on the parking break line..

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well the actual brake line is steel so you don't have to worry about much unless your using a grinder or sawzall down there and plus it is mounted along the axle. The parking brake is just steel cable surrounded by rubber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts