S-10 Forum banner
501 - 506 of 506 Posts

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
Thanks @jrd1962

For those few who don't know the difference in auto and manual truck rear ends..

Automatic

Road surface Wood Asphalt Art Wire

Manual trans

Road surface Asphalt Grey Wood Concrete

Somewhere in its life it was at a used car lot. They spray black all under their vehicle because black is snazzy.

I obviously got both rear ends out and after all that shit talking about rust the bolts are stuck in the sleeves on the crew so.... I had to take it out the hard way. That also causes a dilema because to lift the truck they gotta come out to get lift shackles. So when that tine comes it's bed off,grinder out and press in new bushings or use creekin ass polyurathane which aint happening. I learned my lesson with that long ago.

Finished all the pluming of the evap system... charcoal canaster which is most likely bad and vent valve which is prolly bad too. Lol. I want her 100% complete like a stock truck so I can tirle and tag her up..

Automotive lighting Wood Road surface Gas Rectangle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle

Once again it's hot and I'm tired. Time to cool off,take a badly needed shower and ill put my new amazon feedem' pump in the tank for tomorrow. I bought some new fuel hose for the fill vent line and 4 new clamps last night. Had to drive all over since nobody carries fuel hose anymore and heater hose will melt in a month...

The amazon pump is A DIRECT replacement!! No cutting my harness which just tickled me something special.

Plastic wrap Plastic Shelf Plastic bag Transparency

Tomorrow I button up her ass and stab in the transmission.. add fluids and either Tomorrow night or Sunday depending on weather turn the key and see what happens.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
replied @Jaxon1023

Truck is now 90% together mechanically. The rear end,fuel tank and evap system is installed. Tried to bleed the brakes and it was getting dark.

The tank beat me up. Connecting those short little lines on a tank it wasn't meant to go to in a tight little space with banana racks as hands/fingers... plus the bolts where larger to the main strap bracket. crazy.. fortunely I found the box o bolts from the crew... unfortunately im going to have to drill out the parking brake cable bracket to accept the larger bolts thankfully the frame holes they pass through where already big enough..

Pics tomorrow. Hope to crank her up tomorrow by lunch... yeah right lol. At least by the end of tomorrow try. My luck is so bad lately and some of the electronics where outside a loooong time,3 years... we'll see.

The moldings need put on first thing. Looks to white and plain without them.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
It's aliiiive!!!

Speedometer White Tachometer Gauge Steering part

I gotta replace the brake booster... bleed the brakes. The 2 lights are from a crossed conector on the lf inner fender .. they look identical. I did that before like an idiot,uts a 50/50 shot lol. It obviously has no gas in it. A gallon on an empty crew tank doesn't register... she purs like a kitten! You have to look at the pulleys spinnin to know she's running. Her maiden voyage tomorrow.

501 - 506 of 506 Posts