481 - 500 of 506 Posts

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #482 ·
I'm tickled right now.😍

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Window

Even the spot for the stud in the floor for that console was predimpled.

I have to clean it up with a file,although I used a cut off wheel I just want it nice. Drill the clutch master hole tomorrow. It's 1 7/8 btw...

Then some spray paint so things don't rust and Thursday I can install the interior and load the fire wall up. Go over the engine Friday... have her ready to start hopefully Sunday or Monday..

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #484 ·
I put the rubber floor in...

Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

I don't like it. The game is too big in the rear.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle

The holes are done.. everything first correctly.

I'm taking a shower then going to the carwash with the original carpet lol.

Tomorrow I'll load up both sides of the firewall..wiring,pedals,dash, HV box,blower box...

I HOPE THAT ECM IS STILL GOOD!!
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Black Automotive design Tire

It's basically been left outside for 3 years unprotected!! It's been plugged in the whole time but damn...rained on yfor years fingers crossed.ive seen worse hanging upside down up north like abs pumps and various modules.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #485 ·
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

And yes,... I installed brand new heater core from rock auto...

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior

Getting dark had other business to attend to in the morning hours... tomorrow I'll get the dash buttoned up,carpet cut, possibly the window lift motors installed... looks like Saturday I'll install the powertrain.

I'll prep the fenders tomorrow too. Take the inner fenders off,clean all the dirt outta the doglegs,I also have brand new inner fender splash guards..

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #486 ·
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant

Unfortunately I do not have a dash bezel for this truck. This is a RDS double din dash. Getting one is going to be challenging. They just don't exist here or crumble coming out
.. I have to get one from up north and I'm not paying a couple hundred bucks for one.

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper

My work companion today...

Gas Motor vehicle Rectangle Automotive exterior Electric blue

Another new part! I hoarded a bunch of these from an ebay seller. I paid around 5 bucks each. Always replace your throwout bearing. they are soooo annoying when they are warn.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #487 ·
Pressure wasted the carpet at the carwash. Once that padding got wet this thing got heavy AF!

Brown Wood Landscape Artifact Soil

I gotta run to autozone tomorrow morning... buy a pan gasket and a front seal. I have a brand new exhaust manifold,timing chain,sprokets&tensioner, spark plugs, wires,and T stat. Hopefully get that all knocked out.

Still haven't ordered a fuel pump and filter so I won't get to try to start her until middle of next week.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,083 Posts
We went to check on the bil house today, and this little fella was taking a break in the shade..116*. No sign of Wile E Coyote.

Bird Plant Road surface Asphalt Grass

Reactions: Hoosier Rick

·
time to get cereal
6,988 Posts
2.2ls don't use or like pan gaskets. RTV is the factory seal with the little rubber rear part.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 · (Edited)
@manbearpig lmao i know bro. Trust me. lol. My screenshot to make sure the assclowns pull the right chit.. I don't let them look up my parts. I sent my daughter to get a rear transmission seal for her truck. They sold her a rear main seal.

What is that btw? The bird? Looks like some kinda chicken lol. Nevermind it's a roadrunner duh...

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Technology

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 · (Edited)
Final problems with my project are resolved.

01 metal Crew fuel pump tank(takes the same pump as all 4.3 96-01).97-00 2.2 and 96-01 4.3 all take the same metal tank..

97-00 VIN 4 fuel pump(O-ring style seal)
97-00 VIN 4 rear fuel lines(pump is clocked towards cab instead of towards frame rail)
00-03 VIN 5/H fuel filter(correct VIN 5 fuel pressure regulator)
O0-02 VIN 5 lines to engine/flex fuel module(necessary to opperate VIN5 engine)

Parts ordered... I'm picking up the exhaust manifold and rear water outlet gaskets tomorrow and I have everything except syncromesh w/friction modifier.

I'll order that on ebay rn.

Hopefully Soon be seeing a running driving 2.2 2wd crew... if the engine is good and trabaja is good, nothing got ruined from sitting lol. Fingers crossed. Massive pic dump in a few days.

See yall in a few

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #493 ·
** TEASER!! **

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Hood

It's hot and getting dark. Still a lot to do!! ordered some parts online... but yes, I haz 2wd tu-tu 5speed crewz cab...

Not because I should or because it was needed... because I could and I wanted it.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #495 ·
Lemme finish whats on my plate @manbearpig lol. I can't find a good 2 door blazer, ive tried.

After this is complete I have some serious services to catch up on the ol lady's ZR5 then my 02 xcab is getting another engine... then a transmission in my 01... then ive got 3 more behind those. I went big as I wanna go for now, then I'll knock out the easy stuff and when I get bored and if I can find a blazer? It's on like donkey kong

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #496 ·
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Land vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car Land vehicle

Still gotta put the front bumper corner brackets on to call the body done. Lots of plugging in componants and routing wires under hood... theres no transmission in her yet(the one on the ground next to her was the Sonoma's I have another from an 03 in using that one is toast) or fuel tank. Plan on buttoning up under hood today and hopefully start harvesting the rear fuel lines from my 97.

Still gotta swap the rear end to a manual rear end assembly in my red sonoma with that big ol dampner on it.

Once my acdelco 02-03 slave shows up I should be ready to pop the trans in.. hopefully

Water is getting in too from the fresh air return. Something either chewed it or there's shit stuck in it so I'm gonna have to yank the dash back out but first ma get her running and tagged up.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #497 ·
Been raining like an mf all week! I swapped out the grille again and put the donar trucks LF fender too. The original crew's lf fender just didn't match. Tried to keep something original to the crew but oh well,...It seems it had previous body work on that fender and original driver's door and the clear yellowed some. If you took the fender and walked it back to the rear of the truck it didn't match the rear and under closer inspection it's now obvious. Olympic white is so common there really isn't an excuse to have aftermarket painted panels on this truck
Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle

Also the fuel pump issue I was over thinking or not thinking enough. I trimmed off the tab used 2 o-rings stacked and the flex fuel pump first like a champ with the correct angle to use stock lines
Eye Art Graffiti Wall Paint

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Of all things unclean and unholy...

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

Waiting on parts...it keeps raining but i keep working in between downpiurs. ..the last two parts (acdelco slave cylinder and flex fuel pump) due to arrive Friday.

I'm going to swap the rear end tomorrow. Kinda dread it because those bolts are tight and the rear end isn't light.

I have a trick tho.. might not be possible in the rust belt tho. I take everything loose,put the back tires back on,support the rear end by the chunk with a Jack, put the back wheels back on, then take the rear leaf bolts outta the shackles dropping the leafs and roll the rear end out from under the truck... roll it under the other truck and reverse installation.

To physically manipulate a rear axle especially one from a real truck is kinda sketchy... I've done it. It's heavy AF the gas tank is in the way on one side, the pb cables get snagged on shit and at the wrong angle leaverage works against you when you're going through the center... it's very difficult alone and feels like a lotta work. Lol. This way not so much. The hardest part is that one shackles bolt next to the tailpipe... but since the exhaust isn't hooked up front I got more wiggle then normal and can get my impact on it..so it's all good.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Of all things unclean and unholy...

View attachment 365414

View attachment 365415

Waiting on parts...it keeps raining but i keep working in between downpiurs. ..the last two parts (acdelco slave cylinder and flex fuel pump) due to arrive Friday.

I'm going to swap the rear end tomorrow. Kinda dread it because those bolts are tight and the rear end isn't light.

I have a trick tho.. might not be possible in the rust belt tho. I take everything loose,put the back tires back on,support the rear end by the chunk with a Jack, put the back wheels back on, then take the rear leaf bolts outta the shackles dropping the leafs and roll the rear end out from under the truck... roll it under the other truck and reverse installation.

To physically manipulate a rear axle especially one from a real truck is kinda sketchy... I've done it. It's heavy AF the gas tank is in the way on one side, the pb cables get snagged on shit and at the wrong angle leaverage works against you when you're going through the center... it's very difficult alone and feels like a lotta work. Lol. This way not so much. The hardest part is that one shackles bolt next to the tailpipe... but since the exhaust isn't hooked up front I got more wiggle then normal and can get my impact on it..so it's all good.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Glad you're back.Missed seeing all your projects.

481 - 500 of 506 Posts