461 - 480 of 506 Posts

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #461 · (Edited)
It's the same white then @manbearpig .

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Gas

This came up in the past. In the years ive come across 2 bolt changes that seem random. The most common is the blower box bolts come in black or silver.

The other is the dash speaker grille screw on some of the 04 - 05 blazer 2 door models aren't Philips head they're torx.

Grille Automotive tire Product Mesh Automotive design

Idk who else came across this,ive only seen it a handful of times. Funny because I looked for my stubby Philips for a half an hour only to remember this truck has a Canadain blazer dash in it I bought from up north years ago...

Gonna get the body harness out today,and get her nose up to pull her engine and trans. I'm not going to hunt bolts for the crew ill just use these. Easier this way. I'm thinking I might pop her front cap back on and keep the body. I have a feeling ill use it later.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
It's acting like it's fidna rain... but then it acts like it's not gonna... it's raining like in the bible up the road but not here. It's all good got a lil project. I get to combine the harnesses now.

Gas Automotive tire Auto part Grass Soil

Obviously ommiting the 4wd wiring and module. Basically repinning the rear and driver's door controls from the crew's harness into the 2wd 5speed harness... fun fun..
Cap Azure Tire Textile Sleeve

Tire Wheel Purple Automotive tire Tread

I'll pull the powertrain from the Sonoma tomorrow,then get the crew's ass in the air and swap in the 5speed rear end.

Getting there!! I'm thinking there's maybe 2 weeks worth of work left to be driving it

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
Here's what I have
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Here's what im going for only a crew.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

She's getting a new engine next. Which is sooooo much easier then all this eff around im doing now. My buddy is buying the xcab. I really feel it's a bad idea but the price is right. Im keeping the wheels and brush guard tho

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #465 ·
It keeps raining off and on again. Very frustrating when you're working outside abd it's hot af.

Snake Scaled reptile Wood Road surface Reptile

Road surface Asphalt Grass Tar Soil

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Crossmember is held on with one bolt. After that the trans comes right out,2 engine mount bolts and the engine is free.

The truck needed a reworking anyway. I don't think im gonna scrap it. It's way way too nice. I think I'll put the front cap back on it and put it aside. I might reassemble it or use the cab or who knows.. nothing is original to it anyway so it's a no harm no foul situation. It was born a Vin 4 auto and I converted it years ago to a Vin 5 manual using parts from my 00 victory red stepside.

Maybe a fresh state up the road lol

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
Here's the body wiring progress. I'm thinking about swapping in a non power body harness and converting the rear doors to crank.. tbh the power options don't really bother me and id love to be drive this thing within a week..I can make the correct harness and swap it in later after I catch up with other projects.. I still gotta cut holes and swap the rear end ,freshin up the engine for it.... so I have a few days to decide.

Water Road surface Asphalt Wire fencing Art

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #468 ·
And done!

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Gonna use this ecm and harness. I'm using the engine from pull a part way back in this thread. This engine has a messed up crankshaft front bolt hole. Good cylinder head tho. I might put the crank from my lifted trucks engine in this engine... I have standard bottom end bearings stashed... future project parts for sure

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,083 Posts
I was wondering when more wildlife was going to show up. I'll keep my eyes open for scorpions and get a pic.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #472 ·
Lol.

Headed to pull a part to make a stencle for my floor hole and buy 2wd blazer rear parking brake cables. What size spacer do I need for the rear disc brake conversion? 1/4"? I can't find the post and s10werehouse seems gone? Does anyone know where to get them now? @Mostizzle @Rhotpursuit

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #473 ·
Been seeing a lot of whatever these are lately. Idk wtf they are. They fly tho. I saw one on a leaf with a million little babies on its back a few weeks ago too.

Wheel Insect Arthropod Wood Automotive tire

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,083 Posts
Lol.

Headed to pull a part to make a stencle for my floor hole and buy 2wd blazer rear parking brake cables. What size spacer do I need for the rear disc brake conversion? 1/4"? I can't find the post and s10werehouse seems gone? Does anyone know where to get them now? @Mostizzle @Rhotpursuit
I have a friend that has a set, but I won't be back up in Washington until late august. Have to go up and haul the rest of our stuff down and put the truck on a transporter. I'll check with him today.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #475 ·
Nothing at pull a part so unfortunately im gonna have to dismantle my 97. 🥺 just to make a stencle. I want the floor hole perfect on this one.

I might do that tomorrow? Idk.

I did see this thing. Surprisingly I didn't recognize it. I always thought they where mustang based and discontinued in the late 80s earlier 90s. Never seen one before so it grabbed my attention.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Plant

Im guessing it's miata based? They had a fiero too. Can't believe someone would junk a fiero.

I looked at my feedem pumps.. im gonna need a VIN 4 fuel pump from a 98-00

Shoe Hood Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire

It has the correct top for the o ring seal and the correct fitting sides for 2.2 fuel lines...

Wasn't paying attention and closed the door on a gecko. Kinda sad about it.

Plant Wood Tints and shades Window Gas

musta did it at night grabbing tool outta my sonoma.

Wood Asphalt Road surface Trunk Grass

My bad. 🥺

·
time to get cereal
6,988 Posts
That's a '94, one year only model with the minor facelift.

There are a few Fieros in the junkyard near me. Even have one with the evidence of one of those famous fires they were known for.

Reactions: BravadaX

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #478 ·
The feiro was complete. Id bought it if it wasn't already on that side if the price was right. They're good trade fodder and have a little of a following.

I had a buddy with a v6 model that spit oil on the back window. Most memberable thing was being drunk and having that tiny headrest speaker in my ear.. so annoying

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 · (Edited)
Lines are in. The brake and vent line are original to the crew. The fuel lines are 2.2 parts.

The bend after the crossmember is different to account for the front bed mounting brackets.

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Wood

On an extended cab the lines bend right after the crossmember. On a crew they bend after the bed bracket.

Plant Car Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle

She is dirty underneath but rot free😉

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #480 ·
Removed the disgusting sunvisors with homemade vanity mirror light switch covers.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Bumper

Grey Road surface Wood Asphalt Sidewalk

Vehicle Car Window Hood Motor vehicle

Yes! Matching dead yellow jackets on both visors!

Pulled the headliner down. I found this material in dk graphite!! Gonna make some plugs for the holes from a donar headliner.

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Plant

Swapped out the highmount/domelight/vanity light harness to an xcabs. On the crew the highmount wiring goes along the floor. I'm going with straight xcab wiring for simplicity.

Wood Font Wall Handwriting Material property

Blast from the past!! mine chillin in the garage for the last 8-10 years @Mostizzle Lol. Funky mildew or mold growing on the shifter.. probably a mini eco system based off of the sweat and filfth from my hands like that Simpsons episode from that tooth or rick&morty... I'm like these microbes God.

Hood Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire

That perfect waterfall console. The front holes is still perfect too. This thing trumps and DD dash panel. Lol. The things you dream about finding at pull a part 10 years ago now knowing there aint no way.

461 - 480 of 506 Posts