S-10 Forum banner

401 - 414 of 414 Posts

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Got all excited this morning! My Pull a Part put out a white crewcab!! drive there and saw this😭

did find something salvageable I needed tho!!

not bad for $25!! still need a fender and hood tho😝

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
Yeah @Mostizzle nothing I needed. It was an early ‘02,had the din&half dash...and all the sheet metal was ruined. It did have the same leather seats as my ZR5,but I want a split bench seat in my crewcab.

the grille and the airbag switch delete where the only things I could use..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
That's about the only reliable truck to find the Airbag delete plate. Sometimes I get lucky and snag them from complete base model Blazers. lol

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Yeah,..I got pulled away from my S10’s to work on my daughter’s vehicle. For the record I totally was against her buying this car. But,...her BF knows WAY more then me,and she bought this garbage from one of his shady friends....with that said the rack& pinion blew out,and she got a quote for $1,000...so,enter Dad😂

the part alone is $500 from autozone!! Naw,..eff that!!

so,..went to pull a part..

spent $60 for a complete rack with all the fixin’s..

Here’s the leaky joker out..

Found ANOTHER issue...the cradle had been replaced in the past,and someone beat the crap outta the steering shaft,and cross threaded the bolt!! So I went back to pull apart,bought the

Here’s the damaged one compared to how it should look..

and the original bolt

Belts where also bad.

So,..ANOTHER trip,only to Autozone,and got all 3 belts. Here’s my scrap/core pike

car is all buttoned up,and done. Im now $150 into this thing,but I’m making HER buy a complete timing belt kit,and I’ll install that in a couple weeks...so,expect to see this turd spam up my thread at least once more. She also has an airbag light. I’ll address that as well,..very disappointed that she bought this behind my back,and very unhappy that he,her BF allowed her to drive a vehicle with disabled or inactive supplemental restraints.

·
8/31/1897 - 4/29/2004
9,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #412
It is what it is @Mostizzle . She’s had the car for 6-8 months now. Replaced all 4 coils,thermostat,had the AC recharged,and the alternator replaced at a local express lube place....finally the last quote made her come to me. She also paid $2,800 for this lemon!! the WORST part is I knew the car in it’s former life...it had one of the shop in Destin’s I was at LOF stickers! I pulled the history off of its VIN. It came in with numerous run hot,and drivability issues...we turned the car away,because it was a piece of garbage that smelled like liabilities...

@Rhotpursuit I could go on for hours about her BF,...that he’s not an American citizen,shes now on a Muslim diet,he’s 5 years older,she’s been living with him for almost a year,and that he’s going home this summer when he finishes his masters,..among many,many other things...once again,it is what it is...she’s 20. Can’t really do much without pushing her away. She’s one of my children that is part Arabic,and those children are all fluent in their language thanks to their mother....she can easily follow him if she thinks it’s him or us,and due to her poor choices,especially with this car...I don’t trust her to choose wisely anymore 😞

·
Old Fart
3,221 Posts
She must not watch the news on TV if she bought a brand that has a reputation for catching on fire and has so many recalls that you would have a hard time counting them all. :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
22,601 Posts
@Rhotpursuit I could go on for hours about her BF,...that he’s not an American citizen,shes now on a Muslim diet,he’s 5 years older,she’s been living with him for almost a year,and that he’s going home this summer when he finishes his masters,..among many,many other things...once again,it is what it is...she’s 20. Can’t really do much without pushing her away. She’s one of my children that is part Arabic,and those children are all fluent in their language thanks to their mother....she can easily follow him if she thinks it’s him or us,and due to her poor choices,especially with this car...I don’t trust her to choose wisely anymore 😞
It's difficult. You want the b best for your kids, and want to steer them in the right direction, but there are limits to what they will accept.....good luck.

401 - 414 of 414 Posts