S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
w00t, I passed, For those that arent aware, MECP = Mobile Electronics Certified Professional, I passed the basic install test I took on the first of November. 74%, So I barely passed, they got me on relay ish. (fuggen numbers) Anyhoo, here be the proof

Thought Id share

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, Im gonna try and go get a job w/it now, on the weekends anyway. And try and go for Silver. I figure I did this much, might as well try.

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
What all does that test consist of and where can you take it?

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the test is in 3 sections, Electronic concepts, Autosound theory, And intro to security and wireless, and you need 70% to pass.
Basically, you get the study guide, you know it, and then you can take it at your local library and fax in the form. They send the Lib. the test, and then the Lib, calls you and set up a date to take it. Results come back within a month.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Where can I get the study guide?

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
www.google.com, Search for "MECP" and it will take you to the CEA website

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks sweetie

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Good job TJ, I'm way too lazy to try for that. :thumbup:

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha, Thanks barry.. yeah, It took a bit of time, lol

·
Registered
920 Posts
I Went to Ritop, should be getting my diploma soon here, congrats on passing man. you plan on working @ an audio shop? or do u already?

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
awdgsx92 said:
I Went to Ritop, should be getting my diploma soon here, congrats on passing man. you plan on working @ an audio shop? or do u already?
Im gonna go apply for a weekend job/internship at Ultimate electronics, I wanna stay away from best buy or Circuit city, but if Ultimate electronics doesnt pick me up, I may have no choice.

·
Broken Handed Superman
6,283 Posts
i know all the guys in the intall bay by the best buy at me.. they were beggin me to go work there this summer cause they were understaffed they werelike dont worry about the cert u can worry about that later lol

·
MECP Certified
403 Posts
congrats man. i got mine this past summer. right after i turned 18 i took the test and am a senior in high school :D
i got an 80 something or other on mine when i passed it. havn't gotten a job at a shop yet caus there are only 2 shops in this town and they both piss me off...damn small towns. now if i lived in somehwere what was actually of descent size, i could easily have one. already been installing for 3+ years and doing a bit of everything except for alarm/keyless entry. i'll have to take a pic of mine and post it

1 - 20 of 27 Posts