S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking on the GM depot site and i found the alumiumn(i know can't spell) and it said that the block can be bored out to a 5.2!?!?! Dose anyone know how much ours can be bored out to? bad part is i'd have to get a damn billet crank....god thats gona cost a lot. but dose anyone know how big we can go on the stock block? i know i just dump a V-8 in but i think it'd be a bigger bite in the ass to take down people with a V-6 Dose anyone think it would be worth the money in the future(like after 80-100,000 miles) to buy the aluminum block?? the site is http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/performance_parts/frameset.cfm and the part number is 10134371 it cost a pretty penny so this isn't gonna be one of those anytime soon protects just lookin towards the future.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
woah....with al aluminum block, i dont know how long an oversize bore like that would hold out....aluminum blocks arent nearly as strong, when under high compression, or other than N/A (and i know someone will yell at me for that, but thats coming directly from my uncle, who worked for John Lawson and the Miller High Life team). i really cant see spending a whole lot of money just to get a lighter block.

·
Chrome is Gay
3,693 Posts
262---> 318 hmmm..... I think after you're done building everything and pretty much swapping out all the internals to take the load it'd just be easier to buy a V8 built or do it yourself.

·
Quicker than a Hummer!
349 Posts
IMO the V-8 is still alot more work... but you would end up with more oomph in the end. If I were to go the V8 route, I would find a wrecked truck and then build it... = less $$ but still alot of work. It is expensive to find an '02 engine!

The 6 would drop right back in where the V8, well you know the rest of the story. Wiring, computer, fitment, etc...

·
Registered
19 Posts
It is possible to make a 4.3 haul ass, I have seen it. I used to own a 5.0 that I drove and raced. I was the local track and stage next a ragedly looking Luv. I asked him what he had and he said "just a lil ole V6" I called him a liar cuz on his window he dialed an 11.02. He didnt mind opening the hood and showing me either. Well we race and of course I leave first, at about the 1000 feet mark he blows by me. He ended up breaking out with a 10.99. So I really won the race. I felt bad getting beat by a V6, but after I asked him what he had done to it, he said "more than you wanted to do to an V6". So that made me feel a little better. Oh did I mention that his V6 was NA. No Nitrous or forced induction, and the driver, was so old, he coulda been my grandpa.:D

So yes you can make 4.3 haul ass

Bit :thumbup:

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah those old farts know what their doing and i always did want an LS1 in atleast one thing i own and sense i don't want to make my old POS beretta into a rear wheel drive beast i'll throw it in my truck and seel that off to the first person stupid enough to give me 2 grand for it and i did think 5.2 was really pushing it for a ****ing aluminum block...i'd leave the poor thing a 4.3 and toss a supercharger on it but theirs just so much more parts that i can well first of all find like oh i don't know A CRANK!!!! and the countless other things you can find for them the power their is only limited by your budget and not your block but ah well thanks guys...if you can't tell i was a little bored up their and doing pointless thinking

·
THE ONE THE ONLY
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
opse bad writing up their i meant to say i'd sell the beretta off to the first person dumb enough to give me 2 grand for it....thats shouldn't be hard here theirs a buncha stupid people

1 - 7 of 7 Posts