S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A red silvia, with turbo, actually a 240SX turbo with a wanna be rear end of a silvia tried to race me.. hehe "Tried"

ha ha it was funny.... I felt sorry for the poor guy. He thought this little S-10 was an easy win...

:thumbup:

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
Another import drivers dream car.. You dont have to worry about it.. Only made in Japan so if you want one, you are going to have to pay up the $$ to buy the car, then pay the $$ to import the car and on top of that pay the $$ to register it in the states..

All in all you would be better off buying a TT Vette and saving yourself the extra 40Gs..

You most likely wont ever see a Silvia unless you are in Japan.. Or unless some rich mofo with nothing better to do with his money decides to bring out his ride that cost him way over the 100K mark (from importing and all that) to the 1/4 mile races..

In other words it aint going to happen..

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
StylezZ28 said:
stupid question but whats a Silvia?

It's a Japenese version of a Nissan 240SX... Fairly ballzy from factory with a big turbo. Capable of serious horsepower if built right...

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zombie_97 said:
Another import drivers dream car.. You dont have to worry about it.. Only made in Japan so if you want one, you are going to have to pay up the $$ to buy the car, then pay the $$ to import the car and on top of that pay the $$ to register it in the states..

All in all you would be better off buying a TT Vette and saving yourself the extra 40Gs..

You most likely wont ever see a Silvia unless you are in Japan.. Or unless some rich mofo with nothing better to do with his money decides to bring out his ride that cost him way over the 100K mark (from importing and all that) to the 1/4 mile races..

In other words it aint going to happen..
Actually I know someone that owns one. Japanese spec all the way, right wheel steer and all. Lots of rich people here in FL...

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah LOTS AND LOTS of rich people in SARASOTA. Everywhere you look BMW's and Benz's.

BTW NICE KILL

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Down here in So Cal you see the 240sx with the Silvia body panels. Two I know of drive around all the time. One has a turbo but never races so dont know how fast he is

·
Registered
12 Posts
VetteS10 said:

It's a Japenese version of a Nissan 240SX... Fairly ballzy from factory with a big turbo. Capable of serious horsepower if built right...
Im not trying to start any fights, but its not a japanese version of the 240. The japanese have the 240 and the silvia. It does however share almost every part with a 240. Turbo silvias are pretty quick, but the 4 cyl. without turbo is real weak. The front and rear look different and thats about it. If you see one in the states it is not a real silvia, or if it is its not street legal. You can import them, but no matter how much money you have you can not drive them on the streets because the DOT has not crash tested them. That's the same reason you see Porsche 959's at shows but not on the road. Since i am in japan I'll take some pics of a silvia and post them, give me a couple days.

·
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only thing I know, it has the looks of one and right wheel steer... thats a lot of freaken interior work just to have something completely stock inside....

·
Registered
317 Posts
i smoked this suburban with a um..... (trying to be politicaly correct) osoma driving it. he was pissed cuz i smoked him and he rolled down his window and said, u wanna compete, i'll go home and get my benz right now. so i told him "ok, we'll see who can over pay the most.... Ah, damn you win". it wasnt very funny, but if u could see the dumbfounded look on his face. lol it made up for it.
bmw/benz dont impress me...
european sports cars that you never see over here. now thats tight!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
BLAZO said:
i smoked this suburban with a um..... (trying to be politicaly correct) osoma driving it. he was pissed cuz i smoked him and he rolled down his window and said, u wanna compete, i'll go home and get my benz right now. so i told him "ok, we'll see who can over pay the most.... Ah, damn you win". it wasnt very funny, but if u could see the dumbfounded look on his face. lol it made up for it.
bmw/benz dont impress me...
european sports cars that you never see over here. now thats tight!!!
how was this relavent to this thread? anyways..... you could build a "silvia" for fairly cheap (no it won't be a REAL silvia but who cares?) the japanese silvia has the infamous nissan sr20det engine in it. these things can be made fast as hell. as for the comment about spending 100k to import one over here..... check out www.skylinegtr.com the company is MOTOREX and they imports skylines over here and legalize them. the gtr is a lot more exotic (and will blow the doors off a) silvia and you can get one for A LOT less than 100k..... and are you telling me that a BMW M3 or M5 wouldn't impress you? M series = yummmmmm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts