S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I realize that street racing isn't the smartest, but I live out in Iowa and it is very easy to find a desserted stretch of blacktop that is flat enough to see at least a couple of miles on, so it is much more likely that I will hit a deer than any one else.

Any way, I have a '95 s-10 extended cab with a TBI 4.3 (dog) with a 3.08 rear end. I was racing a another kid in his pile of s*** (more bondo than metal) 2.9L ranger, his is a stick, mine is an automatic. The first time we were set off, I power braked to 2500 rpms. Bad thing to do, I have an open dif and Cooper Cobras (don't get them, they are too hard and make hard acceleration result in lots of wheel spin and make your braking distances longer). I left a nice 15ft dusty black mark while he zoomed away with a chirp of his tires. After my truck finally shifted, he never got more than a car length away to 85 MPH, where we had agreed to stop. Anyway, I was pissed and I got him to run him again. I only power braked up to 1000rpm this time, and even let off the gas once, and I still had the same problem! He chunked his 2-3 shift bad though (I could hear the grinding in my truck) and I beat him by two car lengths. Still a sad story.

Speaking of sad stories, a friend of mine decided to pass me on the high way, and I knew he was going to do it, and since the highway was completely empty and flat except for us, I wasn't going to let him do it. As he came up quicker behind me, I dropped it into drive and floored. I ran him up to 95, but he was sure as hell creeping around me. HE WAS IN A V6 EXPLORER 4 WHEEL DRIVE! AAHHHH!!

I have beat some people though. I took a 73 half ton ford with a worked over 400 big block, a 3.9 dakota (old style), a 3.0 pontiac grand am and a 3.1 Euro Lumina. I did the same pass thing to a 95 Mustang GT 5.0, and it almost took him as long to get around as the explorer! HA!

Well, talk to you guys later,
Nat

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
how many miles do u have on your V6. you should be eating that person alive in the ranger.

If you have an auto then you need to drop in 1 then go right through the gears and so on. no need to power brake and get the tires spinning cause then u have momentum and they will keep on spinning.

I would just (not 100% sure but try) just putting enough pressure on the brake and the gas so where you get a tug but no spin and luanch.

I have a 5spd 99 Xtreme (4cyl)and love it. I wanted the V6 but had to order and take 2 1/2 months.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i wish....

I have 93,000 miles on my s-10- but it eats no oil and pulls 22 MPG. I have the TBI version, and for those who carre, '95 was the year when it had the lowest rated fuel injected horsies- 145. How I wish I had spent the extra dough to get at least a '96! I bought the truck a year ago, and it is already payed for. I have put 11,000 miles on it, and have not had to fix a damn thing except stuff that I personally broke (DONT BROKE THE HAZARD BUTTON OFF! THEY CHARGE A LEFT NUT FOR THAT THING!). The only mods I have made so far is glass pak, at least it sounds mean, and a hard cover that I am going to pick up today.

I am thinking about getting a brand new one with ZQ8 suspension and the Vortec V6 + 3:42 locker. That should move!

·
STRONG LIKE BULL
170 Posts
that hp rating is kind of low.
i thought it would have been higher then that
im suprised

but u should still be able to take this guy. u have more torq then him im sure

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, but...

Wheel spin is a Be-Atch! Don't ever buy Cooper Cobras Radial GT's.

·
355 says, Ford SV What????
30 Posts
Wheel Spin will KILLYOU!! trust me :) I have BFG Comp TA VR4s and LOVE THEM! i have some cheap radial GTtire when i bought my 355 powered muscle truck and they sucked! Would spin under the slightest acceleration, would spin BOTH shifts of the tranny bad and sucked handling wise, the BFGs are a night/day difference!

Brian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts