S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wonderin ... i came across a 2002 dakota R/T the other day with the 5.9 v8 of course... i was wonderin how would i do agianst him... i did'nt want to race him cause i did'nt wanna look like a fool in front of my girl... i think you guys would undrstand, i've heard there really not as fast as they may say... and they only have atx's right??? they look fast but then agian it's a dodge... so... whats the verdict... fill me in... i know where the guy lives...so maybe i could race him when i get a chance.. but i need the right info on the verdict of the race... my treuck and mods are below...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know about that verdict. He has you in cubic inches. Your 262 VS his 360. But I drove one a couple of months ago when I was looking for a new truck. I wasn't that excited. Straight out no interferance your going to be looking at his tail lights, but just one move in your favor and you have a chance. Either way, as long as you don't wreck it should be a fun shoot out. Good luck. And don't be embarassed if he punishes you. I mean he has the equivalent of a 350 in his truck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx for you input... krop...

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Yeah, it's definitely possible to beat him, but you're gonna have to outdrive him cuz his is definitely faster. Not too much faster, but still faster.

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
dude I go to school with has a R/T with and intake and exhaust. He said that makes a huge diffrence with the 5.9. It's pretty badass, but still not what I expected.

BTW... He'll eat you.....

·
32,797 Posts
Those R/Ts are jokes. Honestly they should be way quicker for all the hype they get. It was said somewhere that Dodges smaller V8 was quicker. I driven one and was not impressed. I've raced 2 different ones before with my fullsize and beat each one easily. One was a co-workers that always bragged about it, till I raced him three times and he also lost to another 80's f/s Chevy. Against a 4.3 it'll probally win, unless you can race your truck better than he can.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
I raced one and I held up with him on the launch, but after 2nd he just walked away:soap:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
a buddy of mine has one. Its not what its cracked up to be. Definately faster than my S-10 though. Hes running with Intake and exhaust and pullin 14.9's...

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
the r/ts are crap..everyone buys the extended cab and they are way too heavy...you can take him if he is not careful

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got this from carpoint... the r/t has the 5.9 right??

Dakota : 5.9-liter, 4-speed automatic
Engine: 5.9-liter V8
Horsepower: 245 @ 4000
Torque: 335 @ 3200

Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 10.2 sec. 1/4-mile in 17.6 sec.

Top Speed: 112 mph

Braking: 60-0 mph in 162 ft.

Road Holding: 0.77 g.

Fuel Economy: 12 (City) / 17 (Highway)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think i might just win!!!!! i hope so i got a 3second gain on his 0-60 LMAO

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
Clutchappy said:
just got this from carpoint... the r/t has the 5.9 right??

Dakota : 5.9-liter, 4-speed automatic
Engine: 5.9-liter V8
Horsepower: 245 @ 4000
Torque: 335 @ 3200

Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 10.2 sec. 1/4-mile in 17.6 sec.

Top Speed: 112 mph

Braking: 60-0 mph in 162 ft.

Road Holding: 0.77 g.

Fuel Economy: 12 (City) / 17 (Highway)
dude...not even close to right:lol:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i've seen them at cecil cty drag way with minor mods pull high 14's and one with alot more engine work get mid 14's.......my buddy has a dakota with the 4.7 v8 and its ALMOST not quite as fast the the 5.9 by probably like a tenth of a second...but unless u have alot of work done to your truck i doubt you'll win...i dont think they make the r/t in a stick so i doubt he'll mess up bad enough for u to win either :D .....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just gotta put my 5.9 cents in here...

Seems like the majority of you have your heads on straight. I can honestly say I can not remember the last time I was beaten by an s-series, with comprable mods. There was a reg cab xtreme with a grocery list of mods that ran almost dead even with my club cab R/T, but I still pulled enough to claim a win... every time. I'm not sittin here "R/T's are god, and chevy sucks".. Hell, I don't even really like my R/T that much, It's decent for what it is, and that's about it. I see there's speculation on performance figures.. I'm not a magazine racer, I get my info from the track. Either by personal experiance, or watching others. A bone stock Club Cab R/T will go anywhere from 14.9 - 15.4. Reg cabs are on the higher end of 14's off the factory floor. And most of them will do 0-60 in 6.5-7.0. The performance of the 4.7 was mentioned here. It is a good performer, and with the right set-up from the factory, it can beat an R/T. We're talking Reg Cab 4.7 5spd, 3.92 rear. But it takes an excellent driver to get it there. Personally I'm a ford man, but a Lightning wasn't in the budget, and I'm not gonna drive a ranger - no chance in hell... but I wanted the rumble of a v8, so the R/T fit my needs nicely. It's a fun truck, and doesn't take a whole lot to get them moving like the lightning, with good looks (imo) to boot. Personally, I'm not a fan of the s-series trucks, they don't impress me (like the R/T doesn't impress you guys). Well.. just wanted to toss my thoughts in .
Pete

Here's Me

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok... i'll think twice.... you are mighty bold... REDRT for dis'n on the s-series... but i respect ya... good truckin..

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
hell at least he has an american build truck.....i've never been a fan of dodges at all....i dont like there styling (cept some of the new things they got out with the huge chrome or polished wheels, they're kinda neat)....thats why i drive an s-series....thats just me tho.....

1 - 20 of 54 Posts