S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DO u think i could take a stock 3.0L auto extended cab ranger
with my mods i have a std.cab 2.2L auto K&N intake, gibson cat back exhaust and a stage 2 chip
cuz i know a kid who wants to race me with one

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
I've never driven a 2.2, but my friend has a 3.0 and the 4.3 stomps 3.0 ranger ass all day long so I know they're pretty slow.

I'm not sure, but I think you might have a good chance of taking him with those mods but it'll probably be close. :)

·
FLAVOR FLAV!!!
344 Posts
yeah i think you'll win, i really haven't had to much trouble with rangers, go for it, its just a friendly race anyways

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
top end you wil get spanked!!! As for the 4cyl keeping up. WOnt happen. I had a 2.2 4cyl 5spd X reg cab w/KN intake, flowmaster muffler went good for a 4cyl but my new 4x4 v6 ext cab ranger WALKS all over it. Sorry but I have to admit that one even though I LOVE CHEVY

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
cvp_94_ranger said:
Yeah the 3.0 will beat you. I have a question. Whats faster a 2.2 S-10, a 2.5 or a 2.3 ranger? Thanks.
yikes just get out and run....i had a 92 2.4 ranger and it was hands down the slowest thing on the road....i could hang with a metro for a lil while but not long :) so i'd venture to say the 2.2 and 2.5 would be a very close race.....it would come down to weight and mods probably

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Top end ranger will win!! However the 2.2 and the 2.5 would be close. My dad had a 99 ranger 2.5 5spd and I had a 2.2 5spd with muffler and k&n intake and his seemed to have more snap to it. WE both got ride of out rides and got 2002 ranger ext cab 4x4 v6. and by far WAY faster than both of the 2.2 and 2.5(obviosuly)

·
Ranger Driver
11 Posts
What about the Dakota 4 bangers? I raced one with a 318 last night from a light, and to my surprise I beat him. I took it to about 80 and let off because I had about a truck on him. And yes I know it was a V8, I asked.

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
cvp_94_ranger said:
Yeah the 3.0 will beat you. I have a question. Whats faster a 2.2 S-10, a 2.5 or a 2.3 ranger? Thanks.
Well there is a answer to everyones questions...If you run against the (I cant say the word) I believe u will smoke him...If not take his ass to the ditch where that thing belongs...

Just my 2 cents worth
LMAO

·
Ranger Driver
11 Posts
"Well there is a answer to everyones questions...If you run against the (I cant say the word) I believe u will smoke him...If not take his ass to the ditch where that thing belongs... "

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah right. A 2.2 beating a 3.0? With the mods he has there's no way. The RANGER would kick his ass. But don't take my word for it race him and tell us what happens.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will tell ya when I race him but that wont be for a while cuz he flipped his ranger today but i will find another 3.0 rabger to race

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
cvp_94_ranger said:
What about the Dakota 4 bangers? I raced one with a 318 last night from a light, and to my surprise I beat him. I took it to about 80 and let off because I had about a truck on him. And yes I know it was a V8, I asked.
u should try the dakota v6....they are really slow too....people around here like to pull the v6 badge off so u think it might be a v8 but the 4.3 walks all over there v6

·
Why Do I Care
624 Posts
Amen to that brother FORD and Dodge suck but hey that is my 2 cents worth...LMAO

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
hey at least they are american built..... :D

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
My 2.8 5 speed with bald tires completely stomps my brothers 5 spd dakota. mind you his truck is an 87 with the 2.2 but he is a mechanic and says that if he cant afford to buy a new r/t then he'll just put a 5.9 in it. I think i still might tak him with my 350 tpi thats goin around christmas I'm rebuilding it now:)

·
Registered
153 Posts
my 4.3 will blow away 4.0 rangers... anyday... but why... they have 20 more horses than a stock 4.3 and the torque is only 10 or 15 FT LBS diff... why are they so much slower..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts