S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to build a box for my 2 12' type r's and i was wondering...does the mdf board come in differnet thickness? if so what would be the best thickness to get? or does it matter?

·
Panda s10 driving mofo.
1,592 Posts
you want to eliminate wall movement. mdf comes in different thicknesses. the most popular for sub enclosures are 3/4 inch qnd 5/8 inch. either will work fine. double up on the baffle and use wood glue. also, please brace those walls.

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
holy shit where did you get 12' subs at? I want one
Seriously? How big of a retard are you. :rotf:

I built my most recent enclosure out of 5/8, but If I could have afforded the net loss from using 3/4, I would have.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Ive used 5/8, 1/2 and 3/4 depending on space allotments.

3/4 is the recomended thickness.

I have used a couple different thicknesses on some applications which were tight for airspace.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
Doc Brown had a pretty big sub, dont know about 12' though.

Anyways get 3/4, 5/8 is kind of a waste, if you go better subs or more power then the box might flex. 3/4 is just easier to work with measurement wise too. Keep it simple.

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
mythbusters made one big ass sub one time to see if the reverberations would destroy a car.
Yup, and they also did such a piss poor job of going it. That experiment was so terribly flawed that they should have even bothered.

·
NOS make light brighter!
1,480 Posts

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts