S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Street Truck Builder
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 99 xtreme, I need to cut the orange wire to disable my DRL (Daytime running Lights)? I did the bend on the relay, but my truck is to old for that as I guess from reading that works only on newer vehicles. Can someone whom has sucessfully performed this let me know if it works and will I still have full function over my fogs and the headlight switch itself, thank you!

·
Bring back *DARK STYLE*
1,592 Posts
On your head light switch do you have a dome light override button? If so hit it a couple times reall fast and ya should hear a ding. Works on my 00.

·
o come on
945 Posts
Yeah but that is only a temporary fix i can't help you though cause i bent my relay and it worked

·
forum idiot
49,646 Posts

·
Street Truck Builder
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its an early 99 then, I bent the pin and nothing, all lights still stayed lit, I do have the dome button, but as pointed out, it doen't work on my 99, but it does on my 02. Thats why I mentioned the headlight switch or maybe even the fuse box. I have the wiring diagram and it seems if I cut the wire behind the switch (orange) and under the fuse box disconnect that wire (yellow) then I can jump the orange to the fogs and keep them on a hot switch which would allow me to use the fogs as DRL or wire it through the switch to allow them to be off until turned on, but it's a bunch of work to just get your lights off, I figured/hoped their would be a better way ya-know.

·
o come on
945 Posts
Try bending a different tab on the relay i had to bend like 3 before i got it

·
Street Truck Builder
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try bending a different tab on the relay i had to bend like 3 before i got it

Did you bend them with the lights on? and when you remove the relay shouldn't the lights go out?

·
o come on
945 Posts
I would pull the relay bend a tab then put it back and turn them on to see if both the high beams came on if not i turned off the light pulled the relay and bent another one

·
Street Truck Builder
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would pull the relay bend a tab then put it back and turn them on to see if both the high beams came on if not i turned off the light pulled the relay and bent another one
I just did that with every tab, but everytime i turn the keys the lights came on...Also, with the DRLs, do the rear lights come on as well cause mine are.

·
o come on
945 Posts
Are you in a garage or under some kind of cover because it sounds like you AHL are kicking on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts