S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a hopped up 2.2 S-10 that they have had dyno tested to see what there horespower really is? What's the most horespower you can get out of a 2.2 S-10?

Thanks,
Mike

P

·
0 Posts
I am not sure what the max is
But Stippy dynoed his and got 99hp at the rear wheels

He has intake,exhaust, and a chip

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99 at the rear wheels or 199 at the rear wheels. If he's only getting 99 at the rear wheels with intake and exhaust and chip, then we must be loosing alot of power through the drive shaft and axle, but cause a stock 2.2 gets 118 at the flywheel I'd hate to see what a stock s-10 gets at the wheels in that case.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wonder if they make a carbon fiber or some type of driveshaft with less flex so we can put more power to the ground. Or is there another way to put more power to the ground?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I want to get one of those hopped up 2.2's someone posted as a complete engine.......those should be putting out like 150 or something at the flywheel

Caleb

·
Registered
920 Posts
91.something hp for a stock 2.2 at the wheels.

You need serious, SERIOUS modification to get 150 at the wheels out of these trucks with out using forced induction

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
yeah thats flywheel HP

150 at the flywheel would be SIMPLE.....that 2.2 engine had like roller rockers, a better cam, a better ignition system, a different head design, I mean, it had a lot of ****, probably putting OVER 150 at the flywheel....

Caleb

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
stippy32 said:
91.something hp for a stock 2.2 at the wheels.

You need serious, SERIOUS modification to get 150 at the wheels out of these trucks with out using forced induction
At the expense of sounding stupid....What is forced induction. What does it do to the 2.2?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Forced induction would be a blower, turbo, or nitrous....something that forces more air into the engine to make it run better basically

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Oh crap......I still haven't gotten around to making that product yet, LOL

Caleb

·
s-10 white rabite
246 Posts
are you telling me the best i can get out of my 2.2 is 99 at the rear wheels. please tell me i can dubble that if not more. i have not really look into HP just yet but i am learning and not likeing what i am finding for my slow 2.2. please tell me there is hope for me out there
ecko

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
sure there is....but it involves a lot of work....with all the bolt ons a 2.2 might be pushing like 102-105 HP at the wheels....BUT thats with like 150-160 ft-lbs of torque......

now check this out...and see if this isn't the better alternative (when I get the money....I'm selling this engine, and all my pets and some other **** and I SHOULD have it....) With all the bolt-ons anyways, this engine would be running with some decently modified V-6's.....

www.automotiveengine.com

for some rea...but I've checked into the company and they come with a good reputation......anyways direct swap 2.2 with all this....

134/2.2
98-00
RWD, LN2, OHV, SEFI, Block #035. Head #507, Crank #461 8, Cam PositionSensor, Trigger Fire, Roller Cam, “Enhanced Engine”.
DCR1
$1,669

Or you could buy everything separate and install it and probably spend about half that and put it on your older engine.....they have ones for every year, thats just what applies to me....and thats what I'm going to try and get by next summer....

Caleb

·
the lower i go the more she likes it
46 Posts
I was considering a V6 swap, but then i just thought it would be easier to get a turbo, because how many people do you guys know that has a turbo on their 2.2L X or s10. Yeah, a V6 would be nice but then you would have to mod the damn thing back up and in the long run it would be cheaper, to keep the 2.2L.
Thats just my opinion,
Kurt

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
They have it out!!!????? Huhn uh...they're still working on it, cause if its out, I'm off to the bank for that personal loan tomorrow

Caleb

·
Registered
920 Posts
xtremelylow said:
I was considering a V6 swap, but then i just thought it would be easier to get a turbo, because how many people do you guys know that has a turbo on their 2.2L X or s10. Yeah, a V6 would be nice but then you would have to mod the damn thing back up and in the long run it would be cheaper, to keep the 2.2L.
Thats just my opinion,
Kurt
you need over 100% increase in hp just to get 200hp, even then thats not going to be incredibly fast. that will take alot of boost and tuning.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts