S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna put a v8 in my '98 s10. does anyone know what i need to watch for as far as emissions and whatnot. i tried to search it breifly but i dont really know wat im lookin for - thanks for any info

·
Founding member of DA
5,239 Posts
what kind of v8 are you putting in right now in mass they arent doing the dyno i dont think the just plug into your cars data port and if you have a code you fail but its not a legal swap in mass our emmisions laws are almost as strict as california

·
Registered
6 Posts
pack's right. if there's any codes, it'll fail emissions. Also, the trucks motor is stored in the RMV's vehicle information database. If you plug it in and the computer's showing a couple more cylinders, i m sure that wont fly either.
your better off doing a swap in a '95 or older truck. then you can fudge the dyno test...or atleast i can:evilg:

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
Im thinkin of a vortec 350 outa a 96-98 tahoe for my 98 4.3 and since most of the wiring and cause it uses the same computer it should be ok. Mass laws suck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.