S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this info on a website: There are 7 #s on top of the map sensor connector(on the sensor it self).The first series of three tell you how many bars it will read.1 bar #'s 039,460,883. 2bar #'s 886,012,539,609. 3 bar # 749. Also if you disconnect the map sensor and look at the male connector and the weather proof gromet is green,it's a 1bar.The 2&3 bar have a black grommet.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
my grommet is orange and the part # on most of ours is 16212460 so donkey what is it now............that is the same sight i looked at oodles ago and it still gives us no help on wether or not our map sensor is 1 bar or 2 bar.....cause ours start with a 162 and the donkey comment was just me being a smartass dont take it personally........

·
BMW Parts Dept.
434 Posts
It's gotta be a 2 bar. 7 pounds of boost with no codes for quite sometime now.

·
Registered
300 Posts
just because u dont throw codes doesnt mean its two bar, theres alot of other stuff goin on that neither of us understand

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99Super-10 said:
It's gotta be a 2 bar. 7 pounds of boost with no codes for quite sometime now.
Just go by what was posted above.Or go by the last three #'s in the part # if you don't want to look at the sensor.Gutless's PART #16212460,460 indicates it is a one bar.

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gutlesswonder said:
my grommet is orange and the part # on most of ours is 16212460 so donkey what is it now............that is the same sight i looked at oodles ago and it still gives us no help on wether or not our map sensor is 1 bar or 2 bar.....cause ours start with a 162 and the donkey comment was just me being a smartass dont take it personally........
So who's the donkey now smart guy!:booty: Just kidding,you were right about the venom.I thought that there was more to it(in denial for wasting money on it).

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
the firsyt series of #'s is 162 not 460 donkey hehethat is like saying its ok to ref a part # off only some of the numbers........donkey hehej/k

·
slowly fast
2,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah,i kinda just took most of the information for granted because neither me or anybody i know has a 98+ 2.2.Even the monkeys at the dealerships don't know or are to lazy to find out the info most people need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts