S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 94 2.2 auto. the tranny is starting to go. i was wondering if it is possible to swap the auto with a 5 spd. what tranny should i go with if it is possible. also, how much am i looking at price wise?

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
yes can be donethe tranny you want is a NVG 3500, you will also need clutch cylinders,, lines and mounting hardware.

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I have heard that it is much harder to go from automatic to standard than it is to go from standard to automatic. I would say it's definately worth it though...... I love standard!!! :thumbup: Just make sure that you are gonna think it's worth it before you take the plunge. Good luck! :D

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
you can take it off, take just the lever off, or get a reg column

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
hey if you do convert it...would you trade me your column, linkage, and other stuff to make the auto work for me....I am converting a 5speed truck to an auto...but it is from a 86'....I suppose all of the parts would work...I have the clutch pedal...all the cylinders..lines hoses...everything for a 2.8L I don't know that they changed all that much but it would be worth a shot...give me an email and lets talk...

click "questions" in my sig for my email address!!!

later...

·
Registered
5 Posts
J_Rod said:
actually the 4 cyl's used the NV 1500
Actually the 94s and 95s still have the Borg Warner T-5 (non-world class) in the 4 cylinder trucks. Chevrolet started using the NV1500 in 96. So, you can use the older model linkage and cylinder because they have the same transmission. My .02

1 - 12 of 12 Posts