S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
89' S-10 4X4 Tahoe
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to change a manual transfer to an electric on an earlier model S-10 in this case an 89'? Is it possible?

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
why would you want to? the electric t-case has a lot of problems, and people usually switch from electric to manual.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep, got 2 elec's & 1 manual here...no problems w/ the elec's yet, but if i do, i'll switch em to manual...stick w/ manual :)

·
89' S-10 4X4 Tahoe
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was just contemplating my interior upgrades would be so much cleaner without the 4x4 shift trim. But I was looking at the center console on my 95' Jimmy (it's electric). I could update my center console by using one from this model and slotting the elongation in the tray with the boot mounted to the floor and relocate my 4x indication to the dash. Mods Mods Mods!! Just thinking and seeking feed back. I think you guys are right I would be better off keeping the manual and working around the trim. Thanks so far but keep it coming though. Any idea or suggestions.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
i would keep the floor shifter as well. the whole front drive system is crapp anyway so you might as well just keep the better of the two. ive had a few probs with my frontend but that was for engaging the front diff, not the t case itself. btw im pullin my t case today for my SYE kit and possibly put the 9" on the back :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts